How far would you go to protect your family? Oscar® nominee Hugh Jackman stars as a man facing every parent's worst nightmare. His six-year-old daughter is missing, together with her young friend -- and as minutes turn to hours, panic sets in. The only lead is a dilapidated RV that had earlier been parked on their street. Heading the investigation, the detective in charge arrests its driver , but a lack of evidence forces his release. As the police pursue multiple leads and pressure mounts, knowing his child's life is at stake, the frantic father decides he has no choice but to take matters into his own hands. But just how far will he go to protect his family? Led by Jackman and Gyllenhaal, this dramatic thriller features an all-star cast, including Maria Bello as Keller's distraught wife; Oscar® nominees Terrence Howard and Viola Davis as the other parents, whose daughter also went missing; in addition to Academy Award® winner Melissa Leo.
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 7.3/10
- Fresh 192
- Rotten 43
Critics Consensus: Prisoners has an emotional complexity and a sense of dread that makes for absorbing (and disturbing) viewing.
Engrossing revenge thriller is very violent and intense.
Cast & Crew
- Warner Bros.
- © 2013 Alcon Entertainment, LLC.
- English (Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- French (Subtitles, Stereo)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.