Robert Downey Jr. reprises his role as the world's most famous detective, Sherlock Holmes, and Jude Law returns as his friend and colleague, Dr. John Watson, in "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows." There is a new criminal mastermind at large-Professor James Moriarty (Jared Harris)-and not only is he Holmes' intellectual equal, but his capacity for evil, coupled with a complete lack of conscience, may give him an advantage over the renowned detective. Holmes' investigation into Moriarty's plot becomes more dangerous as it leads him and Watson out of London to France, Germany and finally Switzerland. But the cunning Moriarty is always one step ahead, and moving perilously close to completing his ominous plan. If he succeeds, it will not only bring him immense wealth and power but alter the course of history.
- Rent $3.99
- Buy $14.99
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 6/10
- Fresh 128
- Rotten 87
Critics Consensus: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows is a good yarn thanks to its well-matched leading men but overall stumbles duplicating the well-oiled thrills of the original.
Master sleuth returns in entertaining but violent adventure.
Cast & Crew
- Warner Bros.
- Action & Adventure
- 2011 WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT INC. – U.S., CANADA, BAHAMAS & BERMUDA © 2011 VILLAGE ROADSHOW FILMS (BVI) LIMITED – ALL OTHER TERRITORIES
- English (United States) (Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- Japanese (Japan) (Subtitles)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.