For Sergeant Adam Schumann (Miles Teller)—and many soldiers like him—the process of leaving combat back in Iraq was as seemingly simple as getting on that plane. But standing on the tarmac again in the arms of loved ones would turn out to be merely a first step in the long and exacting journey of actually returning home. Thank You for Your Service follows a group of U.S. soldiers returning from Iraq who struggle to integrate back into family and civilian life while living with the memory of a war that threatens to destroy them long after they’ve left the battlefield.
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 6.7/10
- Fresh 77
- Rotten 23
Critics Consensus: Thank You for Your Service takes a sobering and powerfully acted -- if necessarily incomplete -- look at soldiers grappling with the horrific emotional impact of war.
Violence, language, intense themes in powerful PTSD drama.
Cast & Crew
- Universal Pictures
- © 2017 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
- English (Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- French (Subtitles), Spanish (Subtitles, Stereo)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing refer to subtitles in the original language with the addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.