After the release of Jake Blues (John Belushi) from prison, he and brother Elwood (Dan Aykroyd) go to visit the orphanage where they were raised by nuns. They learned that the church stopped its support and will sell the place unless the tax on the property is paid with 11 days. The brothers decide to raise the money by putting their blues band back together and staging a big gig. They may be on a "mission from God" but they're making enemies everywhere they go. Featuring performances by some of blues finest, James Brown, Cab Calloway, Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin and co-starring John Candy, Carrie Fisher, Henry Gibson and Steve Lawrence.
- Rent $3.99
- Buy $14.99
Ratings and Reviews
Critics Consensus: Too over the top for its own good, but ultimately rescued by the cast's charm, director John Landis' grace, and several soul-stirring musical numbers.
Cult classic has lots of profanity, some violence.
Cast & Crew
- Universal Pictures
- © 1980 Universal City Studios, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- English (Dolby 5.1, Stereo, CC, SDH, AD)
French (Stereo, Subtitles), Spanish (Stereo, Subtitles)
- Closed captions (CC) refer to subtitles in the available language with the addition of relevant non-dialogue information.
- Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH) refer to subtitles in the original language with the addition of relevant non-dialogue information.
- Audio descriptions (AD) refer to a narration track describing what is happening on screen, to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.