Naomi Watts stars as Susan, a single mother of two, working as a waitress in a small town. Her son, Henry (Jaeden Lieberher), is an 11-year-old genius who not only manages the family finances but acts as emotional support for his mother and younger brother (Jacob Tremblay). When Henry discovers that the girl next door has a terrible secret, he implores Susan to take matters into her own hands in this imaginative and emotional drama from director Colin Trevorrow (Jurassic World).
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 4.1/10
- Fresh 28
- Rotten 99
Critics Consensus: The Book of Henry deserves a few points for ambition, but its tonal juggling act -- and a deeply maudlin twist -- may leave viewers gaping in disbelief rather than choking back tears.
Muddled dramedy deals with dark, disturbing topics.
Cast & Crew
- Focus Features
- © 2017 Focus Features. All Rights Reserved.
- English (United States) (Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- French (Canada) (Subtitles, Stereo), Spanish (Subtitles, Stereo)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing refer to subtitles in the original language with the addition of relevant nondialogue information.