In this outrageous Unrated version, Melissa McCarthy (Bridesmaids, The Heat) stars as Michelle Darnell, a titan of industry who is sent to prison for insider trading. After doing her time, Michelle emerges, ready to rebrand herself as America's latest sweetheart, but not everyone she steamrolled is so quick to forgive and forget. With nowhere to go and no one to scam, Michelle is forced to move in with former assistant Claire (Kristen Bell -- Frozen, Showtime's House of Lies) and her young daughter, Rachel. Now at her lowest point, Michelle wastes no time in devising a winner--take--all plan to rebuild her empire. Can she reclaim her status as the No. 1 screwer, or will the love of one family screw her for good?
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 4.4/10
- Fresh 40
- Rotten 141
Critics Consensus: Melissa McCarthy remains as fiercely talented as ever, but her efforts aren't enough to prop up the baggy mess of inconsistent gags and tissue-thin writing that brings down The Boss.
McCarthy's hard-edged comedy squanders its potential.
Cast & Crew
- Universal Pictures
- © 2013 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
- English (Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- French (Stereo), Spanish (Stereo)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing refer to subtitles in the original language with the addition of relevant nondialogue information.