Adapted from Jack London’s beloved literary classic, The Call Of The Wild vividly brings to life the story of a big-hearted dog named Buck, and John Thornton (Harrison Ford), the man Buck must learn to trust. Abruptly uprooted from his pampered lifestyle in sunny California, Buck finds himself in the exotic wilds of the Alaskan Yukon. As the newest dog on a mail delivery sled team during the turbulent Gold Rush days of the 1890s, Buck has left behind a once comfortable life for one of hardship and survival. Life again changes dramatically for Buck when he meets Thornton, a loner-turned-adventurer, and it’s clear that the two are destined to experience the adventure of a lifetime. Navigating through an environment that is as unforgiving as it is spectacular, the journey profoundly transforms both man and dog. With its unique blend of intense live action and cutting-edge animation, The Call Of The Wild is a visually stunning experience featuring realistic, emotionally authentic characters.
Ratings and Reviews
Critics Consensus: It's undermined by distracting and unnecessary CGI, but this heartwarming Call of the Wild remains a classic story, affectionately retold.
Thrilling, sometimes intense adventure teaches resilience.
Cast & Crew
- 20th Century Fox
- © 2020 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All rights reserved.
- English (Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus 7.1, Dolby 5.1, Stereo, Subtitles, CC, SDH, AD)
French (Stereo, Subtitles), Portuguese (Subtitles), Spanish (Stereo, Subtitles)
- Closed captions (CC) refer to subtitles in the available language with the addition of relevant non-dialogue information.
- Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH) refer to subtitles in the original language with the addition of relevant non-dialogue information.
- Audio descriptions (AD) refer to a narration track describing what is happening on screen, to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.