Coming off the most successful film in the series, "The Purge: Election Year," creator James DeMonaco (writer/director of "The Purge," "The Purge: Anarchy" and "The Purge: Election Year") returns alongside the producers of this worldwide phenomenon: Blumhouse Productions' Jason Blum ("Insidious" series, "Get Out," "Split"), Platinum Dunes partners Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form ("Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" and "Ouija" series, "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre"), and DeMonaco's longtime production partner, Sebastien K. Lemercier ("Assault on Precinct 13," "Four Lovers").
Ratings and Reviews
Critics Consensus: The First Purge should satisfy fans of the franchise and filmgoers in the mood for violent vicarious thrills, even if its subtextual reach exceeds its grasp.
Terrible prequel more about violence than social commentary.
Cast & Crew
- Universal Pictures
- © 2018 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
- English (Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
French (Subtitles, Stereo), Spanish (Subtitles, Stereo)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing refer to subtitles in the original language with the addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.