The Girl on the Train is based on Paula Hawkins’ bestselling thriller that shocked the world. Rachel (Emily Blunt), devastated by her recent divorce, spends her daily commute fantasizing about the seemingly perfect couple who live in a house that her train passes every day. Everything changes when she sees something shocking happen there, and becomes entangled in the mystery that unfolds.
Ratings and Reviews
Critics Consensus: Emily Blunt's outstanding performance isn't enough to keep The Girl on the Train from sliding sluggishly into exploitative melodrama.
Taut book-based thriller has drinking, violence, sex.
Cast & Crew
- Universal Pictures
- © 2016 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
- English (Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- French (Subtitles, Stereo), Spanish (Subtitles, Stereo)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing refer to subtitles in the original language with the addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.