The uniquely imaginative Baz Luhrmann (Moulin Rouge!, Australia) tackles F. Scott Fitzgerald's landmark novel, The Great Gatsby, with blockbuster star Leonardo DiCaprio in the title role. Spider-Man's Tobey Maguire stars as the Fitzgerald-like would-be writer Nick Carraway who arrives in New York in 1922, an era of loose morals, glittering jazz and bootleg kings. Chasing his own American Dream, Nick encounters the mysterious millionaire Gatsby and his bewitching cousin Daisy. Soon, Nick is drawn into the captivating world of the super-rich, their illusions, loves and deceits. Bearing witness to this new world, Nick pens a tale of impossible love, incorruptible dreams and unforgettable tragedy -- mirroring our own times and struggles.
- Rent $3.99
- Buy $14.99
Ratings and Reviews
Critics Consensus: While certainly ambitious -- and every bit as visually dazzling as one might expect -- Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby emphasizes visual splendor at the expense of its source material's vibrant heart.
Fitzgerald classic gets a decadent, gorgeous, tricky update.
Cast & Crew
- Warner Bros.
- © 2013 Bazmark Film III Pty Ltd
- English (Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- French (Subtitles, Stereo), Japanese (Subtitles), Portuguese (Subtitles), Spanish (Subtitles, Stereo)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.