In 'The Princess Diaries 2', Mia Thermopolis is now a high school graduate and on her way to Genovia to take up her duties as princess (contrary to what was presented at the end of the first film, Mia does not leave her home for a few more years). Her best friend Lilly also joins her for the summer. Mia continues her 'princess lessons' - riding horses side-saddle, archery, and other royal duties. But her complicated life is turned upside down once again when she not only learns that she is to take the crown as queen earlier than expected, but that she is also to be married before this event. Robert Schwartzman will not be reprising his role as Mia's love interest.
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 4.5/10
- Fresh 29
- Rotten 88
Critics Consensus: Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews bring charm and elegance to the movie, but there's not enough material for them to work with in this sequel.
A fun romp for girls of all ages.
Cast & Crew
- Walt Disney Pictures
- © 2004 Disney Enterprises, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- English (Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- Arabic (Subtitles), Danish (Subtitles), Finnish (Subtitles), Hebrew (Subtitles), Norwegian (Subtitles), Russian (Subtitles), Spanish (Subtitles, Stereo), Swedish (Subtitles)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.