A new epic fantasy set in China's mythical past, "The Promise" is a visually stunning tale of passion that unfolds against a backdrop of war as a beautiful and mysterious princess becomes the object of affection for three very different men - a powerful Duke, a brave general and a lowly slave. As passions spark and egos clash, lives will be ruined and lovers spurned and no one will ever be the same.
- Rent $2.99
- Buy $9.99
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 5.1/10
- Fresh 24
- Rotten 54
Critics Consensus: An incoherent plot and ridiculously obvious CGI effects doom this effort from the usually outstanding Chinese director Chen Kaige.
Cast & Crew
- Warner Independent Pictures
- © 2006 Warner Bros. Entertainment. All Rights Reserved.
- English (Subtitles, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- French (Subtitles), Spanish (Subtitles)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.