On a fall night in 2003, Harvard undergrad and computer programming genius Mark Zuckerberg sits down at his computer and heatedly begins working on a new idea. In a fury of blogging and programming, what begins in his dorm room soon becomes a global social network and a revolution in communication. A mere six years and 500 million friends later, Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest billionaire in history... but for this entrepreneur, success leads to both personal and legal complications. From director David Fincher and screenwriter Aaron Sorkin comes The Social Network, a film that proves you don't get to 500 million friends without making a few enemies. The film is produced by Scott Rudin, Dana Brunetti, Michael De Luca, and Ceán Chaffin and based on the book "The Accidental Billionaires" by Ben Mezrich.
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 9/10
- Fresh 287
- Rotten 13
Critics Consensus: Impeccably scripted, beautifully directed, and filled with fine performances, The Social Network is a riveting, ambitious example of modern filmmaking at its finest.
Fantastic performances, compelling story for teens and up.
Cast & Crew
- Michael De Luca Productions; Scott Rudin Productions, Inc.; Trigger Street Productions
- © 2010 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. and Beverly Blvd LLC. All Rights Reserved.
- English (Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.