There are over 300 bank robberies in Boston every year. And a one-square-mile neighborhood in Boston, called Charlestown, has produced more bank robbers than anywhere in the U.S. One of them is Doug MacRay (Ben Affleck), the leader of a crew of ruthless bank robbers who pride themselves on taking what they want and getting out clean. The only family Doug has are his partners in crime, especially Jem (Jeremy Renner), the closest thing Doug ever had to a brother. Things change when Jem takes a blindfolded hostage: bank manager Claire Keesey (Rebecca Hall). After the job, Doug seeks out Claire, who has no idea that this charming stranger is one of the men who terrorized her only days before. As his relationship with Claire deepens into a passionate romance, Doug wants out of this life and the town. But with the Feds, led by Agent Frawley (Jon Hamm), closing in and Jem questioning his loyalty, Doug realizes that getting out will not be easy and, worse, may put Claire in the line of fire.
- Rent $3.99
- Buy $14.99
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 7.7/10
- Fresh 205
- Rotten 16
Critics Consensus: Tense, smartly written, and wonderfully cast, The Town proves that Ben Affleck has rediscovered his muse -- and that he's a director to be reckoned with.
Strong, suspenseful, mature drama about a life of crime.
Cast & Crew
- Warner Bros.
- © 2010 Warner Bros. Entertainment. All Rights Reserved.
- English (United States) (Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- Japanese (Japan) (Subtitles), Spanish (Spain) (Subtitles, Stereo)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.