Transformers: The Last Knight (Digital)HD Closed Captioning
Open iTunes to preview, buy, and download this movie.
About the Movie
From Director Michael Bay and Executive Producer Steven Spielberg comes the biggest, most explosive Transformers yet. Our world's greatest hero becomes our fiercest enemy when Optimus Prime launches a mission to save Cybertron by destroying Earth. Now Bumblebee and Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg) must lead the Autobots against their former ally in the ultimate battle to save mankind from annihilation.
Rotten Tomatoes Movie Reviews
- Reviews Counted: 193
- Fresh: 29
- Rotten: 164
- Average Rating: 3.3/10
Top Critics' Reviews
Rotten: Every time Michael Bay directs another Transformers abomination (this is the fifth), the movies die a little. This one makes the summer's other blockbuster misfires look like masterpieces.
Rotten: All the best moments in the movie-pure images, devoid of symbol and, for that matter, nearly empty of sense-go by too fast, are held too briefly, are developed too little.
Rotten: I am not going to try to explain the story- after watching this movie I may never try to explain another story ever again.
Rotten: A movie that's cut like the world's longest and most tedious trailer, pinballing from scene to scene and rarely spending more than a few seconds on any single shot.
I loved it because it's a Transformers movie I expect. Plenty of action!! If you want Oscars and great plot, this is not your movie. I just go to be entertained and I was entertained so I can't complain. Will always love Transformers!!
Getting progressively worse
When Transformers first came to the big screen I was very excited. Like most fans, Transformers was a big part of my childhood. Especially the generation one cartoons. When I saw the first film, I thought it was a solid first effort and that they would only get better from here. Since the first effort, I've found myself getting a little tired of the movies. Here's my list of gripes with the Transformers movies:
1. The movies contradict each other all the time. I could point out several in this one, but one that most people will obviously notice is that Galvitron is now Megatron again with no explanation. If you pay attention to all the movies to this point you will find several others.
2. A lot of the Transformers personalities are down right offensive.
3. These random comic relief characters have no real purpose in the movie. If you want to add humor, do it in other ways. Marvel has mastered it. Take note Michael Bay.
4. The Transformers are not the main focus. I understand the humans have a part to play, but the Transformers should definitely not be background characters.
Long story short, if you don't see this movie you won't be missing much.
Saw a Sneak Peek... Wish I didn't
This movie is the most pointless no plot, character void dumb founded movie i've seen in years! As someone who loved the series and Mark, they have each lessened in my eyes. If this is any indication of where Hollywood is headed we're in big trouble!
- Genre: Action & Adventure
- Released: 2017
- © MMXVII Paramount Pictures Corporation. All Rights Reserved.