Ned (Bryan Cranston), an overprotective dad, visits his daughter at Stanford where he meets his biggest nightmare: her well-meaning but socially awkward Silicon Valley billionaire boyfriend, Laird (James Franco). A rivalry develops and Ned's panic level goes through the roof when he finds himself lost in this glamorous high-tech world and learns Laird is about to pop the question.
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 4.9/10
- Fresh 55
- Rotten 88
Critics Consensus: Solidly cast but overall misconceived, Why Him? offers the odd chuckle, but ultimately adds disappointingly little to its tired father-vs.-fiance formula.
Funny but formulaic comedy has lots of crude material.
Cast & Crew
- 20th Century Fox
- © 2016 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All rights reserved.
- English (Subtitles, Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1, Dolby 7.1)
- French (Subtitles, Stereo), Spanish (Subtitles, Stereo)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.