Cypress Hill's Playlist
To preview a song, mouse over the title and click Play. Open iTunes to buy and download music.
Created by B - Real
- 1. "Lose Yourself" by Eminem: "'Lose Yourself' was one of his best songs to me because he was basically telling his story of what it took to get to where he has arrived. The work, sacrifice, and obstacles you face in the biz of ours..."
- 2. "Chan Chan" by Buena Vista Social Club: "Being of Cuban descent, I can't help but be reminded of when I was a kid comin' home from ditching school and my mother playin' this style of music...it takes me back."
- 3. "Night of the Living Baseheads" by Public Enemy: "PE was my favorite hip-hop group of all time so any PE song would have been on my list. This song was one of their strongest in my opinion because it dealt directly with the crack epidemic that plagued the streets at the time and they were trying to give the kids a more positive direction."
- 4. "War Pigs (Live)" by Black Sabbath: "Black Sabbath was my favorite band in metal music because of the dark and mysterious type of imagery and music they were putting out. 'War Pigs' is still a very relevant song today when you look at what's goin' on in the middle east..."
- 5. "What More Can I Say" by JAY Z: "I think the title itself says it all. I mean, the dude has done it all and he been one of my favorites for a long time now. His flow, delivery and concepts are always on point and no one really has his consistancy for puttting out so many great records in hip-hop or rap music."
- 6. "Thirteen" by Johnny Cash: "I got into Johnny Cash a few years back. He was a country gangsta...most of his songs seemed like a soundtrack to his life but this particular song I related to the most. Some of the subject matter in the song I felt like I was goin' thru as a kid... very deep song."
- 7. "What Up Gangsta" by 50 Cent: "What can i say? I like street sh*t and he brought it back and in my opinion he's doin' it better than most doin' that style."
- 8. "What's Beef" by The Notorious B.I.G.: "Big was another who made you feel what he was putting out there. He had a style comparable to no others in spite of many tryin to do his thing. Him and Pac I think were the most influential rappers to other rappers. I mean even the ones who are already out and established as well as the up-and-coming kids we see now. This song hit home because ,in the rap world, there's alot of competition to be the king and when people consider you the top dog, there's gonna be alot of people waiting and hoping for you to fall...and he broke it down in his way to let these kids know how serious this can be."
Name Artist Time Price 1 ExplicitLose Yourself Eminem 5:20 $1.29 View In iTunes 2 Chan Chan Buena Vista Social Club 4:16 $1.29 View In iTunes 3 ExplicitNight of the Living Baseheads Public Enemy 3:14 $1.29 View In iTunes 4 War Pigs (Live) Black Sabbath 8:27 $0.99 View In iTunes 5 ExplicitWhat More Can I Say JAY Z 4:24 $1.29 View In iTunes 6 Thirteen Johnny Cash 3:22 $1.29 View In iTunes 7 ExplicitWhat Up Gangsta 50 Cent 2:59 $1.29 View In iTunes 8 ExplicitWhat's Beef The Notorious B.I.G. 5:15 $1.29 View In iTunes 8 Songs
- Released: Jan 10, 2006