Taylor Swift's Playlist
To preview a song, mouse over the title and click Play. Open iTunes to buy and download music.
- 1. "Everybody" by Ingrid Michaelson: "I love all of Ingrid Michaelson's music, because she's so human. Her music really makes me feel something, and it makes me feel whatever her intention was when she wrote the song. I think she wrote this song to make people feel happy and hopeful. That's where this song takes me every time I hear it. I put it on and dance around my kitchen."
- 2. "Flightless Bird, American Mouth" by Iron & Wine: "I love this song because of its sweetness and wonderment. It feels really dreamlike, and it reminds me of the feeling of love. I think this song is actually what love sounds like."
- 3. "Sort Of" by Ingrid Michaelson: "The combination of these lyrics and the vulnerability of her vocal makes this song for me. I love 'I find you stunning, but you are running me down.'"
- 4. "Kountry Gentleman" by Family Force 5: "This is my photo-shoot song. I have to have it on every photo-shoot playlist because it immediately gets me dancing and throwing my hair around, completely unaware that there's a giant group of people there. It all disappears, and it's like I'm dancing around in my bedroom alone."
- 5. "Wait Til You See My Smile" by Alicia Keys: "I listen to this when I'm running or climbing up a hill or just really stressed. It makes me feel like things will be all right, no matter what life throws at you."
- 6. "Wish You Well" by Katie Herzig: "This is the sweetest way anyone could ever say goodbye. The cello makes it heartbreaking. It's such a difficult thing, handling a goodbye with grace. This song is the definition of that."
- 7. "We Could Run Away" by NEEDTOBREATHE: "I love the 12-string guitar in the intro of this song, and the lyric 'Could we stay and say enough to change my mind.' That's pretty real."
- 8. "How Good It Can Be" by The 88: "This song is on the soundtrack to The O.C., and sometimes I put that whole album on and go back in time. I watched The O.C. religiously when it was on, and there's something about hearing this that takes me back to being 13."
- 9. "Silver Lining" by Rilo Kiley: "I love driving around to this song. Jenny Lewis has this great attitude and style when she sings, and I'm such a fan of her music. There's a timeless quality to the production, too."
- 11. "Off We Go (feat. Erin McCarley)" by Trent Dabbs: "I love the way this song makes me feel about life and love. It's also great to drive around to with the windows down. Plus, that chorus melody is so gorgeous!"
- 12. "Flavor of the Weak" by American Hi-Fi: "I love the perspective here. There's this girl who showers her boyfriend with affection and puts all this effort into the relationship. He doesn't appreciate or notice any of it. But there's this other guy looking in on the whole situation, wishing he could just tell her she deserves better. It's sweet and sad at the same time. And excellent to blast in my headphones."
- 13. "I Would" by Long-View: "This is a song about meeting someone you would do anything and everything for, because that person has this unexplainable quality, this magic. And regardless of whether it made sense or not, you would drop anything to get to them. Wouldn't it be sweet if someone felt that way about you? Sigh."
- 14. "Eyes" by Rogue Wave: "This reminds me of Christmastime and driving in the snow (why does everything remind me of winter?). It's always on in my condo, because it's soothing and wonderful and simple."
- 15. "A Little Opera Goes a Long Way" by Sky Sailing: "I listen to this song all by myself. It makes me feel comfort and peace, and it's Adam Young, so of course I love it. I love 'Pretend you're not alone, like you are center-stage on Broadway."
Name Artist Time Price 1 Everybody Ingrid Michaelson 3:29 $0.99 View In iTunes 2 Flightless Bird, American Mouth Iron & Wine 4:03 $0.99 View In iTunes 3 Sort Of Ingrid Michaelson 3:21 $0.99 View In iTunes 4 Kountry Gentleman Family Force 5 3:22 $1.29 View In iTunes 5 Wait Til You See My Smile Alicia Keys 4:00 $1.29 View In iTunes 6 Wish You Well Katie Herzig 4:05 $0.99 View In iTunes 7 We Could Run Away NEEDTOBREATHE 4:08 $1.29 View In iTunes 8 How Good It Can Be The 88 3:53 $0.99 View In iTunes 9 Silver Lining Rilo Kiley 3:37 $0.69 View In iTunes 10 The Lucky One Faith Hill 3:36 $1.29 View In iTunes 11 Off We Go (feat. Erin McCarley) Trent Dabbs 4:29 $0.99 View In iTunes 12 CleanFlavor of the Weak American Hi-Fi 3:08 $1.29 View In iTunes 13 I Would Long-View 5:27 $0.99 View In iTunes 14 Eyes Rogue Wave 2:28 $0.99 View In iTunes 15 A Little Opera Goes a Long Way Sky Sailing 3:48 $0.99 View In iTunes 15 Songs
Yo Taylor why didn't you mention this before??
Okay so I used to be a hater but no longer. "Mine" converted me and I always had a soft spot for "Love Story." But seriously, if I had known Bon Iver and Iron & Wine were some of Taylor's favorites, my conversion could have happened a long time ago! Not to mention you gotta have love for Alicia. There's some great music here and I can honestly say I'm impressed.
Love it, this is perfect :)
Ohh so this is why I love Taylor's Music so much, because we have the same taste in music and other artists, and in words, and meanings of things. This is a great playlist if you take everything to the heart, and like to listen to the music for the meaning and deepness of the words. I believe that you can like any genre of music if you truly connect to the artist and the song or songs. This is also why I love Taylor's music, I can say I truly connect to her music, also in the way that we both write about the same things. I can say I am not a true country music fan, but if a artist grabs my attention, and I feel thier music, then I am a fan of them and what they do.
Can You Just Marry Me Already? :)
I Love You Taylor!