Air Navigation Standard
By Xample Sarl
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Air Navigation !
Air Navigation is a flight information system. Using the GPS receiver and accelerometers of the iPhone it can emulate different type of real IFR or VFR aircraft navigation devices.
Instruments are fullscreen and have a dark background (map can be switched to light for day operation) for easy readability in the cockpit during day or night operation.
It contains a database of basically most navaid and main airfields in the world. The database is embedded and you can use it offline without an Internet connexion.
The waypoint editor allows you to add your own custom airfields, navaids or waypoints to the database.
The pilot or copilot can also register the flight with block time and true flight time in the basic log book.
- a Synthetic moving map displaying nearby navigation waypoints and airfields. Zoom in and out with 2 finger gestures. Pan, center, switch between day and night mode.
Airfields are displayed with the direction of the main runway. A "direct to waypoint" function draws a red vector on the map (great circle / shortest path on earth).
- an HSI emulated using the iPhone GPS. Can select any waypoint from the embedded database including airfields, NDBs, your custom waypoints, etc.
- 2 VOR-DME emulated using the iPhone GPS and their related CDIs (Course Deviation Indicator). Unlike a real VOR, you can select any waypoint from the embedded database including airfields, NDBs, your custom waypoints, etc. Furthermore you don't loose signal when the VOR is hidden behind a mountain or flying too low.
- an ADF emulated using the iPhone GPS (ADF works only when moving at 10 kts or faster)
- a Gyro compass emulated using the iPhone GPS (Compass works only when moving at 10 kts or faster)
- An altimeter in feet or meters, emulated using the GPS altitude
- Slip indicators in every instrument view using the iPhone accelerometers
- A waypoint editor the enter your custom navigation points, airfields, navaids, fix and related information
- A basic logbook to store flights time with block-off, take-off, landing, block-on and computation of total time and true flight time
- An embedded worldwide database with several thousands navigation waypoints and airfields. Database includes frequency and channels for most waypoints
- Customizable cockpit
- Customizable speed & distance units
- Slipball calibration
REQUIREMENTS & DISCLAIMER
A GPS enabled device is required to use navigation modules. Using Air Navigation on iPods may require an external GPS module. Using Air Navigation with "Airplane mode" turned on, may require an external GPS module.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Please note that this software is not intended to replace a certified navigation device. You should always use official aeronautical documentation when preparing and performing a flight. You should always use certified navigation devices when performing a flight.
Don't forget to have a look on Air Navigation Pro. It has all the features of Air Navigation Standard plus multileg navigation flight plan editor. Navigation plans are displayable in the map as vectors and distance, bearing and estimated time to next waypoint is computed. Airnav Pro can download official aeronautical maps to be used in the moving map module.
What's New in Version 5.1.2
- Added products for purchase
- USD 10.99
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 08 November 2013
- Version: 5.1.2
- Size: 117 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Xample Sarl
- © 2009-2013 Xample
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.