By American College of Chest Physicians
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The redesigned CHEST Journal app features new ways to browse the latest clinical research in pulmonary, critical care, and sleep medicine through topic and section collections, podcasts, and searchable access to the entire archive. All abstracts freely available and subscribers can view complete full text.
Each month, CHEST, features the best in peer-reviewed, cutting-edge original research and evidence-based medicine guidelines and consensus statements in the multidisciplinary specialties of chest medicine, including pulmonary, critical care, and sleep medicine. Browse the current issue by section and find the latest accepted research posted in the Online First section each week. CHEST also offers a variety of special series, through CHEST Collection, each providing insight into relevant clinical areas, such as Recent Advances in Chest Medicine, Topics in Practice Management, Pulmonary and Critical Care Pearls, Chest Imaging and Pathology for Clinicians, and Contemporary Reviews. Also browse by clinical topic area, such as COPD, Palliative Care an End-of-Life issues, Pulmonary Rehabilitation, Tobacco Cessation, and more.
Whether you prefer to browse CHEST for quick reference, keeping up with the latest medical advances, or if you read in-depth the research results, the CHEST app will support your needs, wherever you may be.
This app allows you to:
- Search and access the entire journal archive, including papers published Online First each week and the latest monthly issue.
- Listen to the monthly podcasts, featuring lively discussions around controversial and emerging issues facing clinicians today.
- Navigate through a one-stop list of all guidelines and consensus statements published in CHEST.
- Browse abstracts and read full-text articles optimized for iOS or access the PDF
- Quickly access abstracts of referenced articles within the in-app browser
- Take advantage of a rich image-viewing experience with full-screen option and the ability to scroll through a figure/table only view of each article
- Jump within article sections, images, and references with the dynamic side navigation and internal hyperlinks
- Follow and connect with the CHEST via Twitter.
- View your history automatically through a list of all accessed articles sorted by date
- E-mail article links to your colleagues or yourself for later review
- Mark and store your favorite articles for later reference
- Access full articles through institutional and individual CHEST subscriptions through username and password
- License content such as tables and figures for use in presentations and more through Rightslink, accessible from any article
This app is powered by Amphetamobile.
A notice for users of the current CHEST Journal app (version 3.2):
This CHEST app is a new download. It will install as a new icon, rather than as an update to the existing app. The old CHEST Journal app is no longer supported, but we hope you enjoy the improvements and additions in the new app, and thank you for making the switch!
What's New in Version 3.1
iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus optimization, iOS 8 support, bug fixing
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 02 May 2015
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 11.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: American College of Chest Physicians
- © 2012 American College of Chest Physicians
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.