By Jake Traynham
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
At its core, CNS Barcode is an app for scanning and generating barcodes. You can use this app for a variety of barcodes including Codabar, Code 3 of 9 (Code 39), Code 3 of 9 Ext. (Code 39+), Code 93, Code 128, Databar-14, Databar-14 Stacked, EAN 2, EAN 5, EAN 13, EAN 14, EAN 128, Interleaved 2 of 5, ISBN (EAN-13), QR Code, UPC A, and UPC E.
The power behind CNS Barcode, though, is not just scanning and generating barcodes. CNS Barcode can be launched from other iOS apps on your device using the cnsbarcode:// URL Scheme. This is a very powerful feature that allows you to add the functionality of scanning and generating barcodes to any app that can launch URLs and in turn be launched by a URL. An example of such an app is FileMaker Go. With a specially designed FileMaker Go database, you could, for example, press a button to launch CNS Barcode, scan a product barcode, and have CNS Barcode launch a URL to run a script in FileMaker Go. The FileMaker Go script could then use the barcode data to add a product to an invoice or locate an item in your product database.
See the app in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48RJrtn9VTo
CNS Barcode Features:
- Scan a variety of barcode symbologies including QR Codes
- Scan from any angle
- Scan multiple barcodes
- Generate barcodes from data you provide
- Launch other iOS apps after scanning barcodes
- Launch CNS Barcode from other iOS apps
- Launch URLs found in barcodes (http://, sms://, tel://, fmp7://, etc.)
- Perform product searches
- Scan barcodes into FileMaker Go databases
- Create Profiles for processing barcodes
Capabilities by device:
• iPod Touch 4th Gen - Mostly compatible (Can read all reasonably-scaled barcodes with both the rear- and front-facing cameras.)
• iPad 2 - Mostly compatible (Can read all reasonably-scaled barcodes with both the rear- and front-facing cameras.)
• iPhone 3GS - Fully compatible (This device is the standard by which the other devices are compared.)
• iPhone 4/4S/5 - Super compatible (Includes a "High Resolution" option for scanning small-scale barcodes with the rear-facing camera.)
• iPod Touch 5th Gen - Super compatible (Includes a "High Resolution" option for scanning small-scale barcodes with the rear-facing camera.)
• iPad 3rd/4th Gen - Super compatible (Includes a "High Resolution" option for scanning small-scale barcodes with the rear-facing camera.)
• iPad Mini - Super compatible (Includes a "High Resolution" option for scanning small-scale barcodes with the rear-facing camera.)
FileMaker and FileMaker Go are trademarks of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
What's New in Version 1.5.0
This update serves two purposes: it contains iOS 7 appearance fixes and it incorporates a customer requested feature (the "webview:" feature mentioned below). We have a much bigger update in the works, so please stay tuned!
- Updated for iOS 7.
- Made it possible to view URL data from barcodes instead of automatically loading the URL. To open the URL from the detail view, use the bottom right toolbar button.
- Made it possible to select and copy out barcode data from the detail view.
- Fixed issues with the barcode data field on the Generate tab.
- Fixed issues with creating profiles without names.
- Changed the way the internal webview appears and disappears for more fluid workflows.
- Added customer request: The ability to open the internal web view from a Profile Launch URL by beginning the URL with "webview:"
- USD 9.99
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 04 November 2013
- Version: 1.5.0
- Size: 3.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jake Traynham
- © Copyright 2010-2013, Comm-Unity Networking Systems. All rights reserved.