5th Grade Vocabulary Prep
By Peekaboo Studios LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The most advanced vocabulary learning tool in the App Store!
5th Grade Vocabulary Prep was designed to improve vocabulary skills in the classroom and at home:
• Click to listen to a pronunciation of each word, its meaning, and a sample sentence
• Study hundreds of vocabulary words at your own pace with guided step-by-step learning
• Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 5th grade level
• Students can read through words and definitions as many times as they need for review
• Word and definition quizzes are used to reinforce learning, ensuring that students understand each word in a section before they continue
• When they're ready, students can take the test to move on to the next level (they'll need to get at least 90% correct to advance)
> No In-App Purchase required, all content is included!
Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards for 5th Grade:
• Acquire grade-appropriate conversational, general academic, and domain-specific words
• Determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 5 topic or subject area
• Use sentence-level context as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase
• Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension
• Read on-level text with purpose and understanding
"This is a great way to learn about 5th grade spelling and vocabulary it can help you get better grades in school and be a better speller"
"Amazing app - This app is very helpful to my daughter's vocabulary"
"Great app for 4th and 5th graders. Super to build your vocabulary!!!!"
• Customize which of your students need the audio turned on, or turn it on/off for all users
• Students can click each word, its meaning, and a sample sentence to listen to the audio as often as needed
• Students will be able to listen to each of the available answers in tests and quizzes before selecting their choice
• Students are congratulated on a job well done, or will hear the example sentence repeated as a reminder if they answer incorrectly
• Enter as many student names as you need
• Just like a set of flash cards, any word a student gets wrong on one of the practice quizzes is returned to the "back of the deck" and will be asked again to make sure the student can answer every word in that section correctly
• Email a student's specific test results or a recap of their full progress
• Password protected administrator section allows you to review student scores and track student improvement
• Take a look at the "Most difficult words for this student" list generated by the app to learn where students can still improve
• 4-digit student pin codes can be set as an option to prevent students from logging in as the wrong user
Word list includes:
& hundreds more!
*With practice you can achieve your best score!*
Recommended Ages: 8-10
Categories: Reading, Vocabulary
What's New in Version 2.1
Fix for original iPads running OS 5
- Category: Education
- Updated: 30 December 2013
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 31.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Peekaboo Studios LLC
- © 2013 Peekaboo Studios
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.