By National Institutes for Cultural Heritage
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
e-Museum is an official application of National Institute for Cultural Heritage.
You can see the high-resolution images and descriptions of approximately 1,000 national treasures and important cultural properties owned by the four museums: Tokyo National Museum, Kyoto National Museum, Nara National Museum, and Kyusyu National Museum. The images of the items can be freely enlarged, and this allows you to fully appreciate every single detail. Some of picture scrolls and scriptures can be seen throughout from the beginning to the end. Additionally, you can quickly call up your favorite scenes or parts after adding to bookmarks.
Please enjoy excellent cultural properties from clay dolls in the Jomon period to modern oil paintings in a new style.
■ Main function
- By freely scrolling, enlarging, and reducing, see the high-solution images of national treasures and important cultural properties owned by the four museums of National Institute for Cultural Heritage.
- Search items by categories or keywords.
-This application and descriptions are available in Japanese, English, French, Simplified Chinese, and Korean. The language will be automatically switched depending on the application settings.
- A part or scene can be registered in Bookmarks and can be recalled later. In addition, the association with a Twitter account allows Bookmarks to be shared with other users.
- When using this application, you will need an Internet connection via 3G or Wi-Fi. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet before using it.
What's New in Version 2.1
- Fixed Twitter authorization problem.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 18 April 2013
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 55.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: National Institutes for Cultural Heritage
- © National Institutes for Cultural Heritage
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.