French Dictionary +
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bilingual dictionary translate words and phrases from English to French and French to English. Over 141,000 English and 81,000 French words in an offline dictionary, with English and French pronunciation. Includes single player and multi-player vocabulary training games.
• Translate individual words, phrases, or whole sentences
• Cross search feature. Touch a word for a while for the menu [Copy | Define | Search | Pronunciation]
• Bookmark and Recent History for instant recall
• Multiple games to help students improve their English or French vocabulary
• Online & Offline Pronunciation for English & French text
• Flash Card & Word of the Day for vocabulary learning
Designed for students, professionals and travelers using any iOS device, including iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. French Dictionary will automatically optimize itself for both Universal displays and Retina displays to ensure text is easy to read.
Users can customize the font for both English and French to ensure the text is readable. Definitions include Wiktionary word information, including historical uses of the word and synonyms to help students find the most appropriate word for any sentence.
Users can copy and paste translations into any other app or send the translation directly by SMS text message—plus the translation can be sent to Twitter as a tweet, Facebook as a status update, or LinkedIn as a network update.
The optional Word Of The Day uses a notification to send students a random most useful English word and definition to help the student expand his or her vocabulary.
Flash card, multiple choice, and word guess games test students on their existing vocabulary and help them quickly learn new words.
Additional online games and feedback encourage study. Word Fight Multiplayer pits two students against each other online to see who has learned the most. Achievements and Leaderboard track the most advanced users, rewarding students for effective study.
What's New in Version 9.5.2
* Offline French Accent feature updated.
* By default Canadian French accent is selected.
* It can be changed to France in the app setting’s Pronunciation part.
* Please remember this feature only affect for offline pronunciation. Online pronunciation accent can’t be changed. So Either you’ve to force offline in the settings pronunciation part or you’ve to disconnect internet for different French accent.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 21 January 2014
- Version: 9.5.2
- Size: 30.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Md. Mahmud Ahsan
- © Md. Mahmud Ahsan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.