Lyric Master 4000
By Tom Cowland
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***Big Update coming in 2014 - lots of more useful things and iOS7 support***
The Lyric Master 4000 is a songwriter's notepad for those who write their words to a track, or riff they've already recorded. I made it as I always found myself sat in front of the computer, looping a section of some new song, trying to figure out some lyrics. NOTE: This app is designed for writing lyrics to an existing track. It's NOT meant to be a portable recorder, multi-track or writers-block aide! If you don't have you track to hand, you'll might find it a little confusing!
It differs from some other lyric-writing apps as the main focal point of working in the app is your song. Each section you add is anchored to a bar position within the track - so you can quickly loop different sections as you write.
With Lyric Master 4000, you can now do this from the comfort of a tube train, or whilst sat under a tree in some pleasant green area. The possible locations are endless!
Lyric Master 4000 works best with songs at a constant tempo - so there is meaning behind the 'bar' notation used in the app.
You can use it without a track, but there are much better lyric-writing apps out there for that kind of thing...
For more information and tips, head on over to the website:
- Anchor sections to parts of your track and quickly loop or play them.
- Create multple versions of each section and swipe with your finger to switch between them.
- Record a backing track using the built-in recorder.
- Add mixes from your DAW using iTunes file transfer.
- Click-and-hold on mp3/aac/m4a/wav files in other apps (such as in your inbox) and choose 'Open With Lyric Master 4k' to import your tracks.
- Times are stored in bars, so that if you change tempo with a new version of your backing, they will stay in place.
- Cheat Sheat display gives you a large font display of the current version of your lyrics and turns off screen-lock - perfect for recording.
- Email yourself completed songs, with or without alternate versions.
- Works in the iPhone too! Though it is a little more fiddly due to the small screen.
Please note, in order to avoid dissapointment, this app does not do any of the following things:
- Allow you to record on top of your backing track.
- Include a dictionary/theasaurus/rhyme generator.
- Support tracks in the music library on your iPad/iPhone
If you are someone who writes words first, then the music comes later, this may not be the app for you!
This is the first release so please let me know of any issues you come across... I designed it around the way I work - so it'd be great to know how you find it!
What's New in Version 1.0.2
iOS 6 and retina fixes
- Category: Music
- Updated: 27 February 2013
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 1.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tom Cowland
- © 2011 Tom Cowland
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.