By Patrick Q. Kelly
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
50% OFF SUMMER SALE
The best visual (as well as audio) metronome that inspires musical expression rather than mechanical execution.
Maestro XL is the perfect 'silent' metronome. Be able to practice without the annoying tick, while keeping to a strict tempo.
- Always know where you are inside the beat with the traditional musical beat patterns developed over ages of musical performance practice. These patterns are based on Max Rudolf's "Grammar of Conducting" as well as my own professional conducting experience of 20+ years.
This metronome is an invaluable learning tool for conductors when using the Conductor's Point of View mode.
• Adjust the tempo on the fly with Tap Tempo, drag gestures, and + & - buttons. Tempos range from 10 to 300 bpm.
• Simple and compound subdivisions of the beat.
• 31 different beat patterns: 1 through 12(3+3+3+3).
• Staccato, Neutral, Legato, and Reduced* styles of each beat pattern.
• Performer's view and Conductor's view of the beat pattern.
• Set 0, 1, or 2 'pick-up' beats. (Start playing at the beginning of the measure quicker when practicing.)
Double tap to start. Swipe horizontally anywhere on the screen to stop.
• Customizable sounds (18 pairs of 'tock' and accented 'tick' for first beat of the pattern).
• Customizable colors of the baton, beat pattern and numerical texts.
• Customizable transparencies of the beat pattern and background POV image.
• Ability to turn on/off the automatic reduced pattern feature. (This will allow you to stay with the complete beat pattern at tempos that may seem too fast to actually conduct.)
A note about pattern variations and reductions:
A 5/4 bar can be divided either 3+2 or 2+3 depending on the music.
*The 'Reduced' style: The patterns automatically adjust when the tempo reaches a level that requires a different pattern. For example: the Legato 3 pattern turns into a one pattern while still clicking the three beats. A 6(2+2+2) goes into 3 while a 6(3+3) goes into 2 while still clicking 6 beats.
Conductor's mode - automatically flips the beat pattern for conductors to learn and practice the patterns. This mode shows you the path the tip of your baton should take while conducting.
Conducting patterns automatically stretch to portrait or landscape viewing so you can lay your iPhone on the stand next to your music while you practice. This also allows for easier use while plugged in to save the battery life.
What's New in Version 5.0.2