MyTopo Maps Pro by Trimble Outdoors
By Trimble Navigation Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MyTopo Maps Pro is a next-gen mapping and trip planning app to organize all your outdoor and backroad adventures. If you love maps and the outdoors, this is the app for you.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This Pro release offers several new and powerful map features. You can download, manage, and archive maps onto your iPad. Pick the exact map types and zoom levels you want for a trip and save them to your harddrive.
View more than 68,000 topo maps in US and Canada. Also, check out aerial, terrain, street and hybrid maps. Mark points, find places and store all your trip info on the Trip Cloud, a wireless service that allows you to access your trips on any device.
This app is BEST FOR: Scouting trails, exploring parks, planning outdoor vacations, viewing backcountry areas, backcountry skiing, finding forest roads and campsites, preplanning hikes & offroad trips
** START WITH A GREAT MAP **
• View five different map types: streets, hybrid, aerial, topo and terrain.
• Take your maps anywhere. Save maps on your iPad for offline viewing in remote places without a data connection. Just preview the maps you want before you leave for the trip. You can save as many maps as your iPad can store.
• MyTopo Maps provides the most up-to-date topos maps available in the United States. We have enhanced more than 14,000 USGS quads with digital updates from the U.S. Forest Service and other map providers.
• Access more than 68,000 topo maps in US and Canada that are seamlessly stitched together for fast and easy viewing. Topos scales are 1:24K in the Lower 48, 1:63K in Alaska and 1:50K in Canada.
• See two maps at once. No single map type has all the essential details to plan a trip. So turn on Dual Map View and fade between two different map types.
• Map Packs let your pick and store our beautiful raster maps onto your iPad. Pick the map types and zoom levels you want for your next big trip.
** POWERFUL TRIP PLANNING TOOLS **
Place Search: Use our search to find more than 10-million places. Trails, peaks, lakes, rivers, ghost towns and more.
Digital Compass: Overlay a large digital compass on the map. See compass bearing and declination too.
Ruler: Measure the distance between two points.
Smart Paste: Copy GPS coordinates from websites and instantly map their locations into MyTopo Maps.
Waypoints: Drag waypoints on to the map. Name them and add descriptions.
Coordinates: Match your latitude/longitude or UTM coordinates to your paper map or GPS device. Supported map datum: WGS84 and NAD27.
Custom Paper Map: Order a waterproof custom printed topo map or aerial image directly through our app. Printed and shipped by MyTopo.com within 24 hours.
** SAVE TO THE TRIP CLOUD **
Register a free account to save your outdoor trips to our Trip Cloud. Benefits include:
• Store and backup unlimited trips. Never lose files again.
• Auto-sync trips between your computer, mobile phone and iPad.
• Enhance trips planned in MyTopo Maps with more map tools at TrimbleOutdoors.com, including .gpx import, geotagged photos and videos, turn-by-turn routes and more (membership required).
• Open trips in our mobile navigation app, Trimble Outdoors Navigator. Learn more: http://get.it/trimbleoutdoors/8oUv
• Share and exchange trips with the Trimble Outdoors community or privately between outdoor friends.
** LEARN MORE **
Visit our website and check out thousands of trips submitted by the Trimble Outdoors community. Click over to: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com.
Feedback wanted: Found a bug? Want a new feature? Drop us a line on our Facebook page, facebook.com/trimbleoutdoors.
Note: MyTopo Maps is designed and optimized for the iPad and iPad mini. It works on both the Wifi and 3G models but the Wifi models lack a GPS chip required to show your exact location. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.7.2
- Changes to the store for new products
- Corrected a problem viewing overlays of markers