By National Swimming Pool Foundation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Water Flow app is a set of calculators designed for pool operators, pool technicians, facility managers, water treatment managers, or home pool owners. This app will provide tools to properly manage flow of water through the pool, spa or pond filtration system.
Measurement of water flow is calculated three ways: gallons per minute, liters per minute and cubic meters per hour.
The application includes four calculators, each designed to calculate flow of water through the filtration system for different applications.
Calculators use US (gallons, gallons/minute) and metric (liters, liters/minute) units.
App can be used on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
1. TURNOVER RATE calculates the time it takes for the circulation system to move the number of gallons or liters equal to the volume of water in the pool through the filtration equipment. Continuous removal of pollutants occurs by the process of partial dilution so knowing what the turnover rate is can be very important.
Input your pool volume (which can be calculated using the NSPF Pool Volume app) and the flow rate reading from the flow meter, and the app will calculate how long it will take to achieve one turnover.
2. FLOW RATE calculates water flow through the filtration equipment and is measured in gallons/minutes, liters/minute or cubic meters/hour. There must be sufficient flow rate to achieve the required turnover rate.
This calculation will help determine the filter size necessary to meet all operational requirements.
3. NUMBER OF TURNOVERS calculates how many times, within specified time period, pool water will turn through the filtration equipment.
4. TARGET TURNOVER calculates how much to run the pool pump equipment in order to achieve desired turnover.
What's New in Version 3.3
- USD 1.99
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 15 November 2013
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 2.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Swimming Pool Foundation
- © 2011 NSPF
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.