By Artdepot Co., Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Zhong Biao's Artwork: Implication of Life and Lie of City
This App contains photographs of all Zhong Biao’s artworks since 1991. It also presents photographs of Zhong in his major exhibitions, working in his studio as well as in life.
Zhong Biao has created many symbols for his paintings, from city streets to plant areas, from traffic signs to historical relics. ... The figures in his paintings wear everything from traditional dresses to fashionable clothes. Their each and every movement is theatrical. This deliberate exhibitionism of action unwittingly manifests movement, but sparks imagination with the humorous nature of their being caught.
"I have only one dream, that is, the people I paint will, many years later, pay a visit to people of the future on my behalf, bringing along with them the chaotic world." ---Zhong Biao
Zhong's Artworks Show:
- His diversified images can be traced from the contradictory elements emerging from his thinking of "True Life" and reflect his vibrate life experience set in the Chinese modern city.
- His artworks are of typical peculiar realism with its unique style to depict the theme of city.
- The figures in his paintings are foppish and uncomfortable. This implying depiction changes our usual sensual requirements of modelling and renders a new kind of stimulation to our visual thinking.
Interesting Personal Experience:
-He was born in 1968 at the exact moment the "Internationale" sounded when the "Rebels to the End" were mourning their lost comrades, the couplets on their wreaths read: With one sound of the Internationale, a whirlwind from the heavens will descend for me. And so, the character "Whirlwind" (Biao) dropped onto his birth certificate.
-The first sight of Rembrandt's paintings in 1986 shocked him and led him to ponder: there is nothing to go after in the whole life but appreciation of paintings. When many years have passed he began to realize, those paints are the mystery and dream of his life as well as a clouded ultimate aesthetic ideal.
-When he finished watching "The Last Emperor" for the fifth time in 1990, under a prodding desire he began the painting of "Sports Education", which went to Beijing later to take part in the "Fine Arts in Sport" Exhibition. He shaved his head then to show that he was starting again from scratch.
- 199 pieces of artworks since1991, 35 photographs of Zhong in his major exhibitions, working in his studio as well as in life.
-20 super-size HD digital photographs regularly updated, containing Zhong’s electronic signature;
-Zhong’s Biography and resume;
-Sharing with friends on Twitter, Facebook and Sina Microblog;
-All artworks available for sale on Artdepot.cn
The App is operated in iOS 4 or higher edition operation system. The digital artworks require network supporting for super-sized HD photographs. Please keep connected to the network while downloading.
- Category: Education
- Released: 30 July 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 102 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Artdepot Co., Ltd.
- © ArtDepot
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.