Babelshot: Translate Instantly Using Phone Camera
By Codium Labs LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Translate any printed text instantly by taking a photo with iPhone camera. Works great with foreign newspapers, booklets, menus, even product manuals.
- New version supports camera input from Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Russian, and more.
- Save on roaming bill. Babelshot does not send your camera photos over cellular network.
- Top Pick by O'Reilly Media as "Best App for Translating Printed Text." (Nov 13, 2009)
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
Camera translation requires taking a photo of printed text in good focus and reasonable lighting. Some materials cannot be translated, for example handwritten text, artistic fonts, text on busy background, etc.
Supported languages in all modes, including camera (OCR) input:
Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (simplified and traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
Additional languages are supported for keyboard input only:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Croatian, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Galician, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hindi, Icelandic, Irish, Kannada, Latin, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Persian, Swahili, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Welsh, Yiddish.
Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
What's New in Version 1.6
- New languages: Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Esperanto, Filipino, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Irish, Kannada, Latin, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Welsh, Yiddish.
- Improved iOS 8 support.
- Improved quality of OCR in camera mode.
- USD 5.99
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 08 June 2015
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 27.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Developer: Codium Labs LLC
- © 2015 Codium Labs LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.