By MedHand – Mobile Libraries
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
By downloading this “shell” app you will be given the opportunity to PURCHASE BNF 73, the latest version of the BNF (British National Formulary).
Please note that this app comes with limited preview content (of BNF 73).
This Medical Association and Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain app-book is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using MedHand’s patented technology.
THE APP-BOOK for the BNF includes unique functionalities, such as:
• A powerful search
• Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
• High resolution pictures
• Notes and picture notes
Compiled with the advice of clinical experts and continually updated to reflect the latest evidence from credible sources worldwide, the new edition of the British National Formulary 73 (BNF) provides up-to-date guidance on prescribing, dispensing, and administering medicines. Access to the latest edition of the BNF is vital for healthcare professionals, as it reflects current best practice.
NICE has accredited the editorial process used by the British National Formulary to produce its resources.*
Content of the BNF reflects current best practice as well as legal and professional guidelines relating to the uses of medicines. The resource includes:
• Guidance on the drug management of common conditions
• Details of medicines prescribed within the UK with special reference to their uses, cautions, contra-indications, side-effects, doses and relative costs. This allows treatment to be tailored to the individual needs of each patient.
• Guidance on prescribing, monitoring, dispensing and adminstering medicines.
New content updates in the BNF 73 include:
• Updated guidance for conditions including a**l fissure, coeliac disease, dementia, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, food allergy, multiple sclerosis and short bowel syndrome. New prescribing guidance for biological and biosimilar medicines.
• New drug monographs alirocumab, blinatumomab, brivaracetam, ceftobiprole, clevidipine, elvitegravir, isavuconazole, nivolumab and panobinostat.
• New safety information about fire risk with paraffin-based skin emollients on dressings and clothing and advice on minimising the risk of infections when being treated with idelalisib.
• Updated guidance on starting routine for oral progestogen-only contraceptives and the use of sodium glucose co-transporter 2 inhibitors as monotherapy for treating type 2 diabetes.
Improvements in the new edition:
Since the launch of the new format BNF we have actively sought your comments and feedback, and as a result have made the following improvements to this edition:
• Important safety information is displayed prominently within the monograph
• Class monographs (e.g. ACE inhibitors) are easy to navigate to from the individual monographs.
The BNF evaluates clinical evidence from diverse sources with information validated by a network of clinical experts and published under the authority of a Joint Formulary Committee.
Authors: Joint Formulary Committee
Important information: This app will be removed from sale when newer edition have been released.
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade.
MedHand has created user-friendly, quick and intuitive applications which have been honored with numerous 5 star reviews praising the interface and layout. Offering the most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers. MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care!
MedHand are presenting latest editions from renowned publishers such as Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, Royal Pharmaceutical Society, PDR Network LLC, Wiley and more.
What's New in Version 2.3.8
Minor content updates.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 15 June 2017
- Version: 2.3.8
- Size: 10.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: MedHand International
- © MedHand 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.