Enter the Comix Zone, in SEGA's classic arcade-style beat 'em up! Play free and prepare for the first truly interactive comic book ever!
You are Sketch Turner, a street-wise comic book artist trapped in a comic book world of your own creation. Journey into this post-punk nightmare and see your enemies drawn before you. Battle the Mutant Queen. Survive the Dead Ship and Lava Mines, then defeat the evil Mortus to escape.
Comix Zone joins the SEGA Forever Classic Games Collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Battle panel by panel through full hand-drawn comic book pages
- All the action and adventure of your favorite comics!
- Unleash superhero powers and tons of intense fighting moves
- Wield knives, hand grenades, dynamite, and paper planes*
- Search out hidden items with your pet rat, Roadkill
- Sharpen your fighting skills to defeat mutant enemies drawn by Mortus
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
- PLAY FREE
- SAVE YOUR GAME PROGRESS AT ANYTIME
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT: MFi compatible controllers
- OFFLINE PLAY
- GAMES RELEASED EVERY MONTH - download them all!
- INCLUDES iOS 10 STICKER PACKS
- "Comix Zone oozes style, looks fantastic and plays brilliantly." [92%] - Mark Patterson, Computer & Video Games #167 (October 1995)
- "A new concept that really delivers. Just imagine taking your favourite comic and controlling the action." [91%] - Nick Protz, Sonic the Comic #60 (15 September 1995)
- "This is a game that deserves to win over the most jaded beat 'em up practitioners." [89%] - Marcus Hearn, Mean Machines SEGA #36 (October 1995)
- "Once again SEGA come up trumps with an original title guaranteed to give gamers many sleepless nights." [83%] - Mat Yeo, SEGA Pro #50 (October 1995)
- "A twinkling star in the vacuous space of platform / beat 'em ups." [81%] - Dean Mortlock, SEGA Power #72 (November 1995)
- “One of the best-looking games, indeed, ever to grace the Mega Drive.” [79%] - Mr Biffo, Digitiser (7th October, 1995)
- *Press and hold the punch button to tear off a piece of the comic book, make a paper plane, and throw it at enemies
- Make Sketch pass gas by repeatedly pressing down on the D-Pad in certain areas
- Comix Zone features a good and bad ending depending on how quickly you defeat the final boss
- SEGA filed US patent 6010405 to protect the game's innovative idea of simulating of a comic book
CLASSIC GAME FACTS
- First released in the US in July 1995
- Developed by SEGA of America's then in-house studio, SEGA Technical Institute
- A port of the game with an alternate soundtrack was released on the Game Boy Advance in Europe in 2002
- The European releases of Comix Zone on Mega Drive and PC included a live soundtrack CD
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information).
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Comix Zone, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and Reviews
Good retro game
It remind me the time i was a kid.
- Sega America
- 144 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade 45.000đ
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.