By Phil McQuitty
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
If you play golf and bet while doing so... get this app and thank us later...
• PLEASE update your app review on iTunes - We need ratings to keep this app in front!!!
• WATCH the app VIDEOs on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/golfwhizapp
• Please visit us at our other web locales!
• facebook: https://www.facebook.com/golfwhizapp
• twitter: https://twitter.com/golfwhizApp
• blog: http://golfwhizapp.blogspot.com
• youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/golfwhizapp
• GREAT for golf trips - handles up to 20 players! (player scorecards outside your group are entered following play).
• ONLY golf app on iTunes being updated regularly - check dates of last update for other apps!
• ONLY golf app on iTunes currently instrumented for iBeacons. We would love to talk with your club about offering "order food from #9 tee" and other convenient services.
Use Golf Whiz as your scorecard out on the course. Enter scores and let Golf Whiz handle the bet tracking. You can even host a CloudCard in the cloud every time you play. Share the CloudCard code with a large group of golfers to see real time leaderboard throughout the round! FOR FREE!
SKINS GAME OPTIONS
• Skins with validation
• Split the pot skins
• Split the pot skins with validation
• Carry-Over skins
• Carry-Over skins with validation
• Apply / ignore handicaps
• Option for full handicaps or 'stroke off low man'.
• Supports up to 20 players for skins
• Summary and detailed views
• Historical results
• View win/loss status after each hole
NASSAU BET OPTIONS
• Supports up to 20 players in one round of golf
• Instantly calculate 1v1 bets, 2v2, or wheel bets!
• Teams may include 1 - 19 members
• Tom vs bob (individual match)
• Tom & bob vs mike & mark (team match)
• Tom/bob/dan might take on mike/mark/matt. In this case, Golf Whiz will compute nassau results for every two-man combination of tom/bob/dan against every two-man combination of mike/mark/matt. You can very easily do a 3 vs 3, 4 vs 4, 2 vs 6, 8 vs 8, etc...
• Automatic 2-down presses (option) (supports from 1-5 auto presses per side).
• Automatic "ET press". (option) Press on hole 9 and 18 if exactly 1-down and no other presses have been started. (Named in memory of a once dear friend and golfing mentor: renown Virginia athlete, Ernest "ET" Turner). This press accommodates the likely scenario when you and your partner are exactly 1-down coming into 9 or 18 and you would like to press. This is often negotiated on the last tee box of a nine. But how do you invoke this press if you are not playing with the two-some or individual you are losing to? The ET-press assumes you want to press in this situation. Activate this option if you share this sentiment.
• Historical calculations - go back and re-run the match calculations for a round played last year (any past date).
• Allows for 2-man teams to compete in a nassau scoring bet where a hole is won or lost by comparing your team's best ball against the other team's best ball and your worst ball against the other team's worst ball. The one with the edge wins the hole. Each hole is worth a point like in any nassau. Auto presses are driven the total number of hi/low points you have lost as opposed to how many holes you are down. (i.e. you may want auto-presses to kick in once you are down by 6 hi/low points.)
• Supports 5-somes!
• Supports player handicap index lookup from GHIN.com & updates it in the app (must enter player's GHIN number)
• Supports up to 20 players for skins games and nassau matches.
• Never forgets a player, course, or round of golf, once entered.
• Automatically calculates USGA Course Handicaps on the fly as bets are set (must provide hdcp index).
• Share results on email, twitter, and facebook
• SUPPORTS a 5-some for live scoring and bet tracking while you play.
• SHARE a cloud-based leaderboard with groups behind you or even people watching from home!
What's New in Version 3.3.1
Fixes for iOS 9 in terms of Facebook login and USGA handicap index lookup.