By Artdepot Co., Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This App contains photographs of all Luo Fahui’s artworks since 1977, including those that have been shown for many times on international exhibitions and those been collected by notable artistic organizations and collectors.
This App also contains reviews and interview articles from four critics and curators, in which Luo has made a vivid depiction of his artistic experience as well as featured interpretation of his own artistic creation and concept.
This App presents photographs of Luo at his sole exhibition, at his studio as well as in life.
Luo Fahui's Artworks Show:
- From the very beginning, Luo Fahui’s “female and flower” has not been a mere symbolic theme; Luo Fahui has never treated desire simply as an object. Female and flower’s being a symbol of desire is but a secular metaphor, from this starting point, Luo Fahui aims to probe, seek out and expose the physical, psychological and spiritual changes that happened to Chinese people after they entered the so-called socialist market economy.
-He is not a thinking-type artist who challenges the social awareness with concepts and schema, but a feeling-type painter who depicts the potential changes in the society’s mental activities with his sensitive neurotic reactions. He only speaks in painting approaches and visual depth, and such in-depth paintings can only appear as the expression of painting language itself.
As a representative figure of “New Scars painting” that emerged in China after the events of 1989, Luo Fahui has continuously displayed the various changes of the desires of the metropolis - in the materialism and spiritual emptiness of city life, the human desire is so real and yet so unreal.
-Luo Fahui now works more freely with composition, perhaps as a way for him to express himself to a greater extent or for the purpose of ideographic expression. There are ups and downs in the change of colours: the background is no longer simply vague and dark; the colour of light transmissions similar to that of videos reveals the potential psychological changes of contemporary people.
- 520 pieces of artworks since 1977;
- Full round Photographs, including artist in life, at studio and exhibition sites;
- 20 super-size HD digital artworks regularly updated, containing Luo’s electronic signature;
- Luo’s Biography, resume, reviews by critics and video;
- Sharing with friends the App or each piece of Luo’s work on Twitter, Facebook and Sina Microblog;
- All artworks available for sale on Artdepot.cn.
The App is operated in iOS 4 or higher edition operation system. The digital artworks require network supporting for super-sized HD photographs. Please keep connected to the network while downloading.
- Category: Education
- Released: 06 April 2012
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 108 MB
- Languages: English, Basque, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese
- Developer: Artdepot Co., Ltd.
- © ArtDepot
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.