By The Omni Group
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Welcome to OmniOutliner 4, an amazingly flexible yet lightweight program for creating, collecting, and organizing information. Use OmniOutliner’s document structure to brainstorm new ideas, drill out specifics, and construct a beautiful document for sharing. It’s way more than just an outlining tool—you’ve got multiple columns, smart checkboxes, pop-up lists, and a fantastically rich styles system at your disposal. It’s perfect for drafting a simple to-do list, creating an agenda for a meeting, taking notes at said meeting, planning events, writing anything from diaries to screenplays, or any other task that calls for structured text.
• Sync: Keep your documents up to date between Macs or to OmniOutliner for iOS with OmniPresence, our free sync technology.
• Organization: Add structure to your thoughts and notes by creating easy-to-manipulate collapsible outlines (lists of lists of lists).
• Sections: See your whole document structure in the sidebar; just click a section to instantly focus in on it.
• Columns: Use columns to associate different types of information with each item—pop-up lists, checkboxes, numerical values, dates, durations, or rich text.
• Styles: OmniOutliner helps you format on the fly with a rich Styles system designed to give you everything you need to apply style changes—from one word at a time to document-wide. Change once; change everywhere.
• Saved templates and themes: Save your favorite documents as templates; then use them as starting points for new documents or apply their styles to an existing document as a theme.
• Attachments: Insert any kind of file; images and other media appear right inline.
• Audio recording: Capture audio directly into your documents so you can, for example, refer back to the lecture or interview that you’re taking notes on.
• Exporting: OmniOutliner documents can be exported as plain text, rich text, OPML, HTML, and more.
PRO FEATURES (Available via in-app purchase)
• Column Visibility: Feel free to add as many columns as you like to your document, and show only the ones you really need at the moment.
• Folded editing: OmniOutliner actively collapses the text of all rows except the one you’re editing, so that you can see more of your document at once.
• Advanced styling: Get more control over nerdy details like custom spacing schemes and manual page breaks.
• AppleScript support: Create AppleScript shortcuts for complex tasks, automate the things you do over and over, and turn OmniOutliner into a whole new app; you’ll get more done, and with fewer mistakes.
• And more: Show notes in a separate pane, export to Microsoft Word format, and even build your own export plug-ins.
For video tutorials and other information, please visit our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or 1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnioutliner.
What's New in Version 4.3
OmniOutliner 4.3 is a major update adding localizations, more export options, and bug fixes.
Recent Changes and Bug Fixes
• Localizations - OmniOutliner 4 is now localized for German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Russian, and Chinese (Simplified).
• Exports - A new PowerPoint (pptx) export format has been added. Its functionality is similar to the old Keynote export with a few enhancements for some basic style support.
• Exports - A new CSV export format has been added. It will pull the separator character from the system based on what region it is set to.
• Export plug-ins (PRO) - The XSLT export plug-in support has been improved to offer the ability to output multiple files as well as output one file per each level 1 row in the document. An updated SDK guide will be available soon.
• Inspectors - Inspectors will once again snap to the sides of document windows.
• Exports (PRO) - The docx exports have been changed to translate background colors to borderless cell backgrounds which allows for a much greater color range than the highlight function.
• Exports (PRO) - The docx exports should now correctly handle row numbering that are formatted to have a prefix and/or suffix but no numbering format.
• Exports (PRO) - Docx export will now scale down images based on a 8.5" width paper size in Word instead of just scaling down to the column width used in OmniOutliner.
• UI - A few images were still missing retina versions or drawing incorrectly.
• Attachments - Dragging and image from a web browser to a row currently being edited will now insert the image instead of a creating a hyperlink to it.
• Stability - Fixed a crash that could occur when removing the display title for a hyperlink.
We appreciate that you're taking the time to read these release notes. If you are enjoying OmniOutliner, please consider rating it in the Mac App Store!
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnioutliner.
- USD 49.99
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 06 August 2015
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 21.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: The Omni Group
- © 2000-2014 The Omni Group
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor