OptiContact - Contact barcode creator and scanner
By Pavel Kanzelsberger
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Is it contact sharing using Bluetooth, E-Mail or MMS not really convenient for you? Now you can share your contacts as vCards encoded in QR Barcodes. Opti Contact app will create these barcodes as well as scan and import them.
* Create standard QR Codes with vCards encoded inside
* Scan QR Codes and import vCards directly to your Address Book using iPhone camera (supported formats when scanning: vCard, BIZCARD, MECARD)
* You can scan contacts from another mobile phone display, computer display, newspaper and of course paper business cards
* Opti Contact for Mac OS X is now available in the Mac AppStore for FREE, you can use it to transfer contacts from your Mac addess book to your iPhone
* Standard that works accross all mobile devices from different vendors
* You can save your QR Codes in Photos Album and share them by E-Mail or MMS or by printing them on your bussiness card
* This application can read other barcodes as well, for example: EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC-E, UPC-A, ISBN-10, ISBN-13, I25, CODE-39 and CODE-128 (however none of these includes contact information)
* Internet connection is not required since Opti Contact is generating barcodes directly on your device without sending your private information to online services
[ It may be difficult to scan barcodes with older iPhone 2G, 3G camera since this one lacks autofocus. However creating bar codes is not a problem. For scanning iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 is recommended. ]
A QR Code is a specific matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code), readable by dedicated QR barcode readers and camera phones. The code consists of black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background. The information encoded can be text, URL or other data.
Common in Japan, where it was created by Toyota subsidiary Denso-Wave in 1994, the QR code is one of the most popular types of two-dimensional barcodes. QR is the abbreviation for Quick Response, as the creator intended the code to allow its contents to be decoded at high speed.
What's New in Version 1.0.5
* Address Book privacy fixes for iOS 6 and iPhone 5
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 15 October 2012
- Version: 1.0.5
- Size: 3.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Pavel Kanzelsberger
- © 2011-2012 Mediaware, s.r.o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.