By Daniel Farrelly
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Have you ever arrived at a performance only to discover that the singer has decided to change the key at the last minute? Sure, you could sit down and transpose your prepared charts, but that takes time: time that you might not have available at that moment.
And what about those folders of chord charts you have sitting on your shelf, taking up space? Surely there’s got to be a better system for storing all that sheet music.
Progressions is an app for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, which allows you to store, organise and transpose simple chord charts, enabling you to use your device as a customised music display, or simply as a catalogue of the songs that you love to play.
You only need a basic understanding of chords for this app to transform the way you store written music, making the app perfect for beginners and professional musicians alike.
Charts are entered as completely free text, and can include song lyrics, notes about the song, shorthand instructions, section titles, etc. Progressions cleverly isolates the chords within the chart, allowing it to be transposed into any key you choose.
• Easily enter chord charts with lyrics or notes, or import text files.
• Create “sets” of charts for playing from in performances or practice sessions.
• Transpose charts to any key, on the fly.
• Print charts wirelessly using AirPrint.
• Send PDF copies of charts via email.
• Adjust display settings such as brightness, auto-lock and font size.
• Backup and restore your charts database.
What's New in Version 2.0.3
Hello again! I'm back with another update to patch up a few bugs and oddities. Thanks to everyone who's been getting in touch… your help has been instrumental. There's still more to patch up, but this takes care of the most notorious for the moment!
- List animations were acting all wiggy and could cause significant issues in certain cases, but I tracked down the underlying cause and made some changes which appear to have cleared things right up, and things are much smoother now.
- The paging system for displaying charts wasn't quite hooked up the way it should have been, and in some cases would cause crashes if things didn't go how it expected. I went over it with a fine tooth comb to clear up any possible issues, and while I was at it, I improved some of its interactions with other UI. It's much nicer now.
- The chart selection screen for creating sets was crashing on opening, which was very very strange. I quickly fixed up the issue, so it should be good to go again.
- The backup system was doing more work than it really needed—attempting to create multiple automatic backups at once, which is unnecessary as heck—so I streamlined its code and ensured that things happen in sequence, which should mean future backups are more reliable, and will resolve the occasional crash that could occur if things went truly pear-shaped.
If you fin that you need help, want to report problems, or just want to shoot compliments my way, you can totally do that! Hit me up by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow @progressionsapp on Twitter.
Until next time!
- Category: Music
- Updated: 20 October 2017
- Version: 2.0.3
- Size: 11.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Daniel Farrelly
- © 2017 Daniel Farrelly
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular and iPod touch.