By Crazi Apps
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
If you want to improve your Sudoku skills, Sudoku 401 will help you learn and play.
Sudoku 401 is a Sudoku game, a generator, a solver, and a teacher/tutor.
First, it is a serious Sudoku game.
- Puzzle generator for unlimited play. You will never see the same game twice.
- Clean and simple game board, so you can focus on the playing instead of being distracted by colors and/or shapes.
- Ability to enter the game manually, copy from newspaper, books, or other software.
- Tap on a clue to highlight potential locations for the number. Tap again to go back to normal viewing.
- Automatic or manual pencilmarks, which can be switched during the game play with one tap.
- Automatically saves the game when you leave, ability to continue when you come back.
- Option to use either symmetrically or non-symmetrical Sudoku boards.
- Option to show error.
Even more, it teaches you the logic and techniques of Sudoku, with its multi-step teaching system. All of the techniques are human logic, not computer brutal force.
- Difficulty level is defined by the techniques used, not by number of clues.
- Beginner: Full House, Hidden Single and Naked Single.
- Moderate: Hidden and Naked Pair, Locked Candidates.
- Challenging: Hidden and Naked Triple and Quad, X-Wing.
- Difficult: Swordfish, Jellyfish, XY-Wing and Finned X-Wing.
- Expert: Squirmbag, Finned Swordfish and Jellyfish (that also includes Fishy Cycle, Sashimi Fish and Turbot Fish), XYZ-Wing and WXYZ-Wing.
- Extreme: ALS-XZ (Almost locked set) and Finned Squirmbag.
Check out our screenshots to see how the teaching works.
What's New in Version 3.0.8
Minor color changes.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 18 April 2016
- Version: 3.0.8
- Size: 11.2 MB
- Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: John Huang
- © River Past Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.