By Walki-Talki.com LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Moores invaded and forever changed Spain. The Alhambra is the most striking example of their influence on Spain. This tour will guide to and through the ornately decorated Moorish palaces and fortress where water represents life and life is remembered through legends. There is simply no better place than the Alhambra to step back in time and appreciate the art and architecture of the Islamic people who ruled Spain for hundreds of years. So, stroll at a Sultan’s pace, let the Spanish breeze skim over the aqueducts cooling the air around you and listen as we provide history and insight that you’ll find no where else.
On this tour we’ll see and hear about:
1. Purchasing tickets to the Alhambra and how to get there
2. A history of the Islamic rule of Spain
3. Who was a “Moor”
4. The ruins of the Upper Alhambra
5. The Palace of Charles V
6. The Wine Gate and Square of Cisterns
7. The Alcazaba
8. Dungeon Silos
9. Every courtyard, patio, hall and room of the Nasrid Palace
10. The Court of Lions
11. The blood stained fountain in the Hall of Abencerrajes
12. Washington Irvin’s stay at the Alhambra
13. Arab Baths
14. The Tower Walk
15. The Generalife or summer retreat of the Sultan
And much much more including; what the Arabic inscriptions mean throughout the palace and who exactly was this Charles V who built a palace right in the middle of the Alhambra.
What's New in Version 1.4
Fix crashes in iOS 5.1
- USD 4.99
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 22 July 2012
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 53.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Walki-Talki.com LLC
- © walki-talki.com, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.