By Mirko Trkulja
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"If you're one of the increasing number of iPad musicians you might want to take a look at this fantastic TR-909 emulation. It has all the trademarks of a classic 909 plus some additional features. Fun and useful..." by FUTURE MUSIC MAGAZINE, Issue 245.
#1 Top Music app in Japan (DEC 2011)
#2 Top Music app in Czech Republic (DEC 2011)
#3 Top Music app in Hungary (DEC 2011)
The "nineOnine" for iPad is a simple sample-based emulation of Roland's classic TR-909 drum machine. With its look and feel the "nineOnine" draws close comparison to the original hardware device. The "nineOnine" not only emulates the sound but also the logic of programming and saving rhythm patterns, giving you that extra blast from the past.
- 16 step drum sequencer
- 9 drum instruments
- load custom samples via iTunes or Dropbox
- 98 drum patterns (44 x 2 banks)
- 4 programmable tracks
- Knob zoom for easier handling
- Step or Tap pattern programming mode
- Effects rack (Reverb, Delay, BitCrush and Pan)
- Record and export loops in 16bit/44.1kHz stereo WAV format (record as separate track and main loop with or without effects)
-Record and export real-time recording (performance)
- Knob automation
- Implemented OSC (Open Sound Control)
For more info please refer to the "nineOnine" tutorial at:
or Youtube videos:
- Users are encouraged to rate and comment (good or bad) as any feedback is appreciated and will help in further development. Additionally you can write with suggestions or if experiencing problems to email@example.com
- No coreMIDI implementation at this point and price remains the same
- "nineOnine" is a dedicated iPad app (iOS 4.3 or later)
What's New in Version 1.2
**** NOTE: All users upgrading from VERSION 1.0 need to make backup of all saved patterns and presets by exporting audio. This upgrade will erase all saved data. ****
Real-time recording (record performance .wav).
Simple sample loading (tap and hold instrument select shortcut button for popup menu):
-Names for samples without limitations (.wav still required)
-Option from version 1.1 still works (if you wish to load all samples at once)
Added inApp settings (no more getting in and out to change settings):
- Dropbox integration.
- OSC messages list (list of all nineOnine friendly messages)
- User Manual (previously Help button)
- Developer Contact
File management in inApp settings:
- Delete from device or upload to Dropbox
- Delete from Dropbox or download to device
Better Presets management:
- Not limited to 10 presets anymore
- Load from Dropbox
- Create new
- Delete Presets
Original tap mode for hi hats:
-Pad 13 high accent closed hi hat, pad 14 low accent closed hi hat
-Pad 13 and pad 14 together open hi hat
One tap on STOP pauses the sequence. Two taps on STOP resets and stops sequence (IMPORTANT! Only TWO taps will stop real-time recording).
Popup windows now close when you tap on option (load preset, choose write automation, press export loops button etc.)
Textual indicator in toolbar when exporting loops.
Tempo knob more responsive now.
Fixed issue that caused closed hi hat to mute on step 9 when overlaid with open hi hat which was then removed from step 9.
Fixed issue that caused Mid Tom instrument select shortcut not closing Snare Drum instrument selection.
Fixed issue that caused a small amount of Bitcrush effect to leak into signal flow making some instruments sound dirty at startup.
- improved sound quality.
- added option to load custom samples.
- fixed scale selection issue causing infinite high tempo value.
- touch area around knobs and buttons increased for more precision.
- added value indication while changing popup knob values.
- instrument label below sequence buttons is now "Instrument Select" shortcut button.
- enabled Track Write programming option.
- added "nineOnine" settings in Settings app.
- added knob automation and automation length selection.
- record instrument loop as a separate track.
- record main mix loop with or without effects.
- increased number of available patterns from 8 to 98.
- changed delay time selection.
- added Tap Mode rhythm programming.
- added option to back up saved presets through iTunes file share.
- added Open Sound Control Wi-Fi knob control.