By Jim Stewart
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**Quick note on version 1.0.19. I think the app is now fixed for iOS5, but it's obviously not working for some. Please consider contacting me at email@example.com to let me know what is not working so I can fix it. Thanks!**
26point2 for iPhone is a marathon and half marathon application with features for both the runner and spectator
Written by a marathon runner for marathon runners. Every year since 2003 i've ran the Chicago Marathon.
The app is written for what I needed, probably similar to your needs.
I developed 26point2 initially to make it easy to track my training, later I added the map to help my family locate me during the race.
Originally designed for marathons (hence the name), half marathon functionality was added at version 1.0.9.
* 4 marathon training plans, 1 half marathon plan.
* Target Time Calculator.
* Split Times (zero based and start time based) view and email.
* v1.0.17 has 66 maps course maps with Smart Mile Markers which show on the map when the runner should be at each mile.
* GPS tracking on any of the course maps shows the runner location when the runner is using the 26point2GPS app to send their position.
* Supports as many events (or runners) as you wish.
* Universal App
* Name, Distance, Date, Start Time information for each event
* Active, Not Active Setting
* Countdown to start of each event
* 4 Marathon Plans 1x18 week, 3x17 week
* 1x12 week Half Marathon Plan
* Saturday or Sunday long run option
* Create all records, or only future records option
* Original PDF files included for reference
Target Time Picker
* Pace in time/mile or time/km
* Speed in miles or km
* Runner, Clock, Runner and Clock
* Clock time is the time the runner should be at each mile marker.
* Miles or km
* Half Marathon or Marathon
* Email functionality
* 66 course maps -marathon (37), half marathon (29)
* Zoom to Map, or Spectator location
* View in Map, Sat or Mix mode
* View all the maps at http://www.26point2app.com/features/marathon-maps
* iPad maps require significant system memory, best to double tap home and end suspended apps which are no longer required.
* Miles or km, MDY or DMY dates
* All or only Active Marathons
* Runner and Spectator, Only Runner, Only Spectator splits
* Create all plan records or only future plan records
* Saturday or Sunday long run day
In App Purchase
* Remove Ads added at version 1.0.13
- This will stop the ads, especially convenient given the improved mapping functionality.
More maps planned for later releases. Request a map to be added at the website or via the setting option.
Be the first to know! Keep up to date on all 26point2 news.
What's New in Version 1.0.19
Bug Fix for iOS5.
1. Empty events list for iPad, Inability to add Events
2. Settings, Plan Options, Long Run Day and Plan Creation selections crash.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If the first version of 26point2 you ever downloaded was 1.0.18 for iPad then you will have experienced the 'blank screen' problem and no ability to add new events. Afraid you now have a corrupt (empty) database which is not possible to upgrade. The only option is to delete 1.0.18 from the device, download the app again and you should be good. It is NOT enough to simply load the update as the empty database will still exist. Please email me at the support address for assistance if required.
I hope you appreciate that 26point2 has been a pretty solid application prior to the iOS5 update and I apologize for any problems you may have experienced.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 09 November 2011
- Version: 1.0.19
- Size: 4.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Jim Stewart
- © 2010 Jim Stewart
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.