“A is vir Aardvark” is the first in a series of interactive books written, designed and published by Karen Hart from Picsterbooks, created using the Demibooks Composer Application.
This uniquely crafted interactive book leads children through the phonetic pronunciation of the letters of the Alphabet in Afrikaans, whilst entertaining them with truly South African animal illustrations and sounds.
When you touch the page the animal springs to life with exquisitely hand created “stop motion” animation and authentic African sounds.
Picsterbooks will be launching the English version of the book under the title “A is for Aardvark” showcasing 11 new hand drawn animations in the Spring of 2011 (South African Spring).
• A Proudly South African concept, design and production.
• Unique hand drawn and coloured illustrations.
• 29 colourful pages with exciting South African Animals.
• Touch the animal to make them move.
• Touch the letters and words to hear them phonetically spoken in Afrikaans.
• Authentic animal and background sounds will excite the viewer.
• Original opening score written and performed by the Author.
Improves compatibility with newer devices.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.