AfricaWeather, the leaders in accurate weather intelligence services.
The new AfricaWeather app enables you to explore new horizons by providing you with the most accurate weather in Africa. The app gives you the freedom to make informed decisions about your day, by looking at your local weather conditions, observations, storms and lightning. Look no further, download a proudly South African app and see for yourself!
KEY FEATURES INCLUDED
- Observations from hundreds of automated weather stations across the country: Temperature, wind speed and direction, dew point, relative humidity and pressure.
- 7 day forecasts of minimum, maximum temperature, icon, rain probability/likely amount and 9am/3pm wind.
- Sunrise, Sunset, first light and last light
- Hourly temperature, chance of rain and wind forecasts in our interactive viewer.
- Automated video maps
- Moon information
- Push Notifications*
- Storm tracker with layers available for Lightning*, Storm and Satellite
Data used within the AfricaWeather app is sourced from a number of data sources including observations from Airports and forecasts generated by industry leading forecast ensembles that use all major global weather models to produce the most accurate forecast available. Storm information is generated from lightning activity detected through our own high resolution lightning detection network.
AfricaWeather is Africa’s leading commercial weather information provider serving industries in agriculture, mining, construction, education and consumer markets.
We have rebranded from WeatherSA to AfricaWeather as we are now covering more towns in Africa.
AfricaWeather services over 1 million Africans via our website and mobile applications. We interpret weather information and make it relevant to your lifestyle.
Visit www.africaweather.com for more information.
*Some data are only available to Pro Subscribers.
Choose from two subscriptions options:
* Ad-free - R 39.99/year auto-renewing subscription
* Pro - R 49.99/month auto-renewing subscription
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Sadly, my iPad automatically did updates and suddenly I can no longer get useful info regarding weather from around the country quickly & easily. I don’t want big irrelevant pictures (a Gauteng location with a beach scene - wishful thinking). My location is incorrect!!! Many of the previous locations I had are no longer there! This update is a disaster!
Interesting how all the good reviews were from 5 to 6 years ago when the app was actually decent, simple and functional - don’t the developers read the reviews?
New app is not an improvement
Your previous app had a live storms option with useful information about impending storms, severity and ETA. The graphics although dated was very useful. In fact this was the functionality I used most often. I am extremely disappointed to open your new app today only to find you have removed this functionality. The new map and graphics are also not useful at all. As your app is now just another weather app I will remove it. Job not well done.
Need some work for me who is not a computer fundi. It is driving me mad. need to llook at the weather in Pietermaritzburg the first time it came up no problem but now can’t get it back onto the screen, very frustrating the forecast for Pietermaritzburg and crestholm is the same ! Guess you need to iron out some of the problems but not user friendly like my other four apps
How do you get it to change locations it’s stuck on cape town if I choose Pietermaritzburg it still comes up cape town please help
- Weather Intelligence Systems
- 121.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © AfricaWeather.com
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-free Subscription R39.99
- Africaweather Pro Subscription R49.99
- Ad-free Subscription R39.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.