BirdLasser is a fun, easy way to record your African and Indian Ocean bird sightings and share with friends, your community and contribute to conservation.
• Spot - Capture bird sightings painlessly with GPS precision, even when offline.
• Plot - Effortlessly view and manage your trip cards. Automatically backup your trips and lifelist to the cloud.
• Play a Part - Share your sightings with friends and seamlessly contribute to conservation causes.
If you enjoy using BirdLasser, please take a minute to leave a nice review on the App Store; it really helps.
Testimonials from our BirdLasser Facebook page:
“We've been to Ngwenya Lodge for the first time and decided to try atlassing with the iPhone app for the first time - what a pleasure! Thank you to the team for the hard work, it was a pleasure to use!”
“... just loaded - impressive features so far! That voice recognition you've been looking for is one of the features.... This app could convert a whole bunch of birders to atlassers.”
“I am dying for this app....what will the cost be?” BirdLasser: “Hi John, no cost - free, gratis!”
Rapidly capture sightings
We endeavor to make it as quick and simple as possible to log your sightings. Whether in your garden, the Kruger Park or on the open seas, we will seamlessly tag your sightings with date, time and location.
Share with the community
Share that special sighting with your fellow birders in real-time via email, Facebook or Twitter, or post a trip report.
Your passion for birds and birding has the additional benefit to contribute to a greater good. BirdLasser makes it simple share your sighting details with conservation programs such as the African BirdMAP Atlas Projects.
Atlassers can enable boundary change notifications to make it even simpler. Note, that this feature uses the GPS in the background. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Download BirdLasser now to Spot. Plot. Play a Part!
- Using BirdLasser, you can now atlas at sea! The version introduces two new protocols: AS@S Transect and AS@S Snapshot. For more information, visit http://seabirds.saeon.ac.za
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Brilliant but slightly confusing
Some features are slightly confusing. I would appreciate a “how to use professionally” tutorial or some guidance where to find this kind of thing.
How about an iPad version ??
Twitching for Citizen Science
OK, it’s bird listing not quite twitching…You are automatically making all those time consuming spreadsheet lists while you bird, simultaneously contributing detailed knowledge of bird species occurrence to national and international databases. Forget the cumbersome “my-list” functionality of field guide apps, this is intuitive, smart and awesomely addictive.
- Lejint Pty Ltd
- 35.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Lejint (Pty) Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.