Bug Wise is a customizable point of care tool for local antimicrobial stewardship, both in hospitals and in primary care medicine. It contains information for both patients as well as healthcare providers relating to infections (diagnosis), microbes and antimicrobials (bugs and drugs), including antibiotics and antifungals. It provides tools to check for - medication interactions including all registered medications in South Africa as well as complementary medicines, - antimicrobial duplications and - supplies current educational information, customised to patients and healthcare providers respectively.
Bug Wise supplies currently available surveillance data for specified locations in private and public healthcare within South Africa, to guide healthcare providers in empiric therapy choices. This function is further supported by treatment and guidelines (where available) for commonly occurring infections. Bug Wise can be used by patients to better understand their diagnosis and antibiotic prescription, as well as the importance of correct use of antibiotics and infection prevention in the fight against antibiotic resistance.
- Addition of badge app icon
- Minor bug fixes and improvements for patient version
- Updated antibiotic images and text for patient version
- Updates to Medicine Reminder for patient version
- Pharma Dynamics (pty) Ltd
- 44.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Pharma Dynamics (pty) Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.