Introducing City One, South Africa's first ride sharing app for daily commuting. There is no more need to drive in your vehicle and experience those painful fuel costs, traffic chaos and parking fines. In City One, you simply book a ride with a driver that matches your profile, get picked up and dropped off daily.
RIDING WITH CITY ONE IS SUPER EASY. Here is how it works:
- Sign up and add your details.
- City One will find matching drivers matching your travel times and locations.
- Pick the driver that suits your preferences, select the days you want to ride on (could be a whole month) and send them a booking request.
- Once they accept, you'll get a notification and be picked up daily at the times you entered.
- Payment can be made by credit card for now. You are not charged for sending a ride request. You are only charged for every trip you complete.
- Cancellation is very flexible. If you can't make a ride, simply cancel your ride in advance and no charges will be incurred. (check out the cancellation policy)
- After the ride, you can rate your driver and provide feedback to help us improve the City One experience. You’ll also get a receipt by email.
Anyone can be a driver on City One and earn extra money. If you are commuting in your own vehicle want to be part of the drivers, send us you application via this link: http://bit.ly/2FBOJnQ
You'll hear from us in 48hrs.
Your safety is our highest priority at City One. All drivers are extensively vetted for criminal records, identity verification and more. No driver can drive with City One unless they pass this screening process. Passengers also need to enter credit / debit cards to book a ride. These two processes enable City One to keep both passengers and drivers, safe and secure.
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/CityOneHQ
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/cityonehq
Note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
In this build we bring lots and lots of improvements:
- First, you remember that one time you added a card for payment and later thought to remove it but discovered it wasn't possible. Well, not in City One. You can now remove, add more than one card and make one card a primary form of payment.
- A lot of you have downloaded the app thinking it must be available where you are - only to be disappointed because you cannot find drivers. We've updated this, Now the app will tell you which routes are active and operational. Also - you can suggest your route so we know where to launch next. :)
We fixed other things under the hood, but those are for you to see and feel. As always drop us any feedback you may have via the chat Chanel.
Ratings and Reviews
Complete profile causes app to crash
Whenever click on the banner to complete profile the app crashes after a second or two. This keeps happening even after killing the app and also even when restarting the phone.
This has made the app almost unusable.
Wow Can’t Wait For A Launch
A Cutting edge idea from SA... Wow what a smart way to save and kill traffic
Become a driver feature
Hi, please enable the “become a driver functionality”. Currently it’s having a bug
Developer Response ,
Hi🙂, Thank you for your feedback.. Our Team is working on it... Expect a new version with several bug fixes and performance improvements this weekend.
Thank your for using City One!
- FUTURE LANE CORPORATION PTY LTD.
- 50.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Future Lane
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.