DStv Now is the home of DStv on the go! Watch live TV, DStv Catch Up and more.
Stream live TV, catch up on your favourite series, movies and sport highlights or download to watch later offline, all on the go.
The DStv Now app is your gateway to the best in entertainment anytime, anywhere.
As a DStv customer you can enjoy all of these features on the DStv Now app.
- Live stream selected TV channels via 3G/4G or WIFI
- Catch Up on a selection of the most popular shows, sport, and movies
- Download up to 25 videos on DStv Catch Up to enjoy offline later across 4 devices
- With DStv Kids use a safe and fun viewing environment with PIN controlled access to enjoy the coolest shows and movies
- Access the full 8-day TV Guide and set reminders to plan your viewing
- Set remote recordings for your Internet connected DStv Explora and never forget your favourite shows
- View your DStv account balance, statements and clear error codes on your decoder(s) (available in South Africa only).
* The Live TV and DStv Catch Up content on DStv Now will be as per your subscription package and country.
If you don’t have DStv, no problem, just download the app, register, and start watching our selection of free live streaming channels and video on your smartphone or tablet (available in South Africa only). As long as you’ve got the data, you’re good to go.
We admit it: app improvements = happier customers = better rating = grinning engineers. In this latest update:
- Changes to streamline traffic between app and servers – allows for better management of high-demand scenarios
Got feedback? Did we do something good or mess something up? We’d love to hear from you - drop us a note at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Catch up: Remembering what you are watching
I love the DSTV mobile app, but it often doesn’t update the latest episodes on catch up under my ‘what you’re watching’ section so I have to search for the newest episode of the series I’m watching under another category like new shows.
When using the app on my computer and I’m scrolling through movies and click on one I want to read up on, if I decide not to watch it, and I want to go back to the list of catch up movies, it takes me to the very top of the list of and I have to scroll all the way down to where I was. I really like the Netflix system whereby when you move your cursor over the movie title a short description comes up. This way you don’t lose your place.
Dstv - Later
When is the company going to take a step back, look at the reviews, and decide to do something about the app’s problems? One expects something to work when you pay for it. We have a stable and fast fiber-line 24/7 yet the app still presents us with problems. Firstly, after buffering only the streaming of audio continues and there is no visual media (either the screen is completely black or you’re stuck looking at a frozen image). Secondly, when downloading an episode the app will sometimes abandon the process of the download as soon as the user returns to another division of the app (such as returning to ‘home’). Lastly, we highly recommend that you use Showmax as a source of inspiration to produce an efficient app since we personally have had only a pleasurable experience with regards to the use of their app.
A family with two premium-extra view subscriptions
What a shocker
Given that multichoice is constantly moaning and groaning about OTT services like Netflix taking their business, you’d think they’d at least put out a decent mobile app to attempt to compete. Sadly the app is useless. Freezes while you’re watching multiple times and you can’t even move to the next frame. Additionally the streaming quality is poor. Amazingly Netflix streams perfectly. Who woulda thought that streaming from the US would be better than streaming locally?
- Multichoice Support Services (Pty) Ltd
- 43.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Multichoice Support Services (Pty) Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.