DStv Now is the home of DStv on the go! Watch live TV, DStv Catch Up and more.
Stream live TV, catch up on your favourite series, movies and sport highlights or download to watch later offline, all on the go.
The DStv Now app is your gateway to the best in entertainment anytime, anywhere.
The DStv Now app is available to all DStv customers for free.
- Access the full 8-day TV Guide and set reminders to plan your viewing
- Set remote recordings for your Internet connected DStv Explora and never forget your favourite shows
- View your DStv account balance, statements and clear error codes on your decoder(s) (available in South Africa only).
As a DStv Premium, Extra, Compact Plus or Compact customer you can also enjoy all of these features on the DStv Now app.
- Live stream selected TV channels via 3G/4G or WIFI
- Catch Up on a selection of the most popular shows, sport, and movies
- Download up to 25 videos on DStv Catch Up to enjoy offline later across 4 devices
- With DStv Kids use a safe and fun viewing environment with PIN controlled access to enjoy the coolest shows and movies
* The Live TV and DStv Catch Up content on DStv Now will be as per the package you are on.
- Added player controls to skip the video forwards or backwards by 30 seconds
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Two important things the developers should consider changing: portrait mode shouldn’t be the default and only viewing option on a mobile device.
Also, the developers should consider giving information about the show you are watching. In order to see the name of the show you are watching, in both mobile and airplay modes, you have to go back to the main menu and completely stop viewing in order to see the name of the show and there is no info about the show (the season and episode and description like on the decoder).
What a piece of garbage
I’ve never in my life found an app as temperamental as this.
Recently they’ve removed the ability to play the video portrait mode which makes the user experience God awful if all you’re trying to do is AirPlay to an Apple TV.
What’s worse is it’s ability to maintain the stream. If you have a WiFi network that isn’t 100% stable all of the time (so basically every WiFi network in South Africa) it gives you s stupid pop up asking you if you want to continue on Mobile Data even if you’ve changed the setting to allow it to use Mobile Data...more user experience nightmares.
And the worst part of it all is if you are streaming through AirPlay, and are multitasking you’re almost guaranteed to drop your stream.
Every other streaming app on iOS can handle it fine, and the older versions of this app handle it fine. Since the update forcing landscape streaming, the app has become unacceptably crap.
Gosh. I don’t even know where to start. If I could give it zero stars I would. When you try to stream the picture freezes and the sound continues. Worse when you try and cast it onto another screen. This has been happening for months and no update has been made. Don’t the developers continuously test on different platforms? You are better off streaming from a browser than using the app. For anyone who likes stable apps this one is not for you. Crazy though given the cost of DSTV - a customer would expect better service.
- Multichoice Support Services (Pty) Ltd
- 60.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Multichoice Support Services (Pty) Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.