GauRider is the quickest and the most elegant way to find the next gautrain and bus time on your device. The intuitive drag and drop user interface makes it easy and a pleasure to navigate to any direction!
• Smart Log System: Now you can manually log how much you currently have on your gold card after every check in and check out. The timestamp and latest balance will be stored on your device for future reference.
• Smart GauSave Indicator: A dynamic GauSave indicator that changes in real-time, therefore showing you which GauSave period you are currently on. Know how much you save on the spot :)
• Smart Dates: the app automatically switches dates based on the current day. The app focus is always in the present moment. Answering the question, "When is the next gautrain or bus time, right now?"
• No data usage: the app does not use your data. It works even if you are underground or offline.
• No clutter: simple, intuitive user interface. Now refined, crisper and quicker.
• Drag & drop: Do more with less. A single drag & drop gives you the next train time, minutes left before departure time, how long will the trip take, the destination name and the trip fare.
• Everything bus: displays bus times, bus routes and bus stops elegantly. The app also indicates the bus end stop times.
This stunning app takes the gautrain station experience into the palm of your hand and has been exclusively designed and developed for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Welcome aboard GauRider!
We will meet at the station :)
GauRider is not affiliated with Gautrain, The Gauteng Provincial Government, Bombela Concession Company or Bombela Operating Company and any of its subsidiaries.
Due to the large possibility of different routings and unforeseen delays, the timetables are only indicative and can change without prior notice. Please note that bus departure times and frequencies may vary as they are directly affected by road-traffic conditions.
New Gautrain fares effective on 01 June 2018.
New Gautrain Card minimum of 27 Rands.
Ratings and Reviews
initially confusing, but useful once you get the idea
Initially a little confusing. The bus and train sections use different UI metaphors. For the bus routs you drag and drop from the centre out to the rim, while for the train you drag between the stations on the rim.
It would be useful if this app used Location Services and knew where you were, maybe even told you how to get to nearest station/bus stop. ATM it expects you to know what the abbreviations for bus routes signify and so on.
For 44 Rand, a useful app for native Gautengers. For tourists, not so much.
Simple, easy to use and yet highly effective. I was able to start using it after 20 seconds literally without any confusion. The tutorial is unique and comes in handy in case needed.
Being able to track and manage my balance is priceless.
Gaurider synonymous with Gautrain
It is not often an App helps one plan his finances. Yet the Smart Log system confirmed my balance seconds before I got on the Gautrain, enabling me to divert my cash to a more urgent matter while rushing to the airport.
Still the most hassle-free App out there, the Gaurider is now essential to the Gautrain experience.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.