black is Internet TV that offers hours of interactive, flexible and affordable entertainment. With movies, local and international series, music, kids programmes, gaming, documentaries, news, sports, and more you can watch wherever you want, whenever you want. All accessible on your smartphone, tablet, laptop and TV.
Get content that works with your budget! black has you covered with different packages, whether you subscribe for a day, a weekend, a week or a month.
What black offers:
• Talior make your own package so you pay only for what you want.
• Subscribe to packages that cater to your specific interest, whether it’s sports, movies, kids programmes, or series.
• Subscribe to FLEXI Premium or FLEXI Access and get a free trial.
• With over 60 TV channels to choose from, you can watch up-to-the-minute news, series and sports when you subscribe to the BTV Premium.
• Worried that you missed your favourite show? Rewind live TV by up to 48 hours.
• Feeling nostalgic or wanting something more current? Rent any movie from the classics to straight off the cinema circuit blockbusters.
• If you’re passionate about movies, why not buy your favourites to keep forever, whether its action, or romance or the latest blockbusters.
• If you're worried about data, you can always download your shows using a wi-fi zone and watch it later.
• For the die-hard football fans, you can get exclusive access to 5 top European Football Club channels. Watch behind-the-scenes footage, player and coach interviews, past games and audio stream live football games.
• black interactive allows you to bet on your favourite sports event book concert tickets or book your next holiday.
Get the Future of Entertainment. Now.
We regularly update the GETblack app for iOS to bring you improved features, and bug fixes, and play preview in coming soon directly.
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t purchase in app
I downloaded the app on my iPad. The sidebar navigation works well, but I can’t purchase ANYTHING from the app. I wanted to buy the Fox package of R79, but nowhere in the app can I do so. The store is just a viewing shelf, showcasing the products, without any option to purchase.
Went to the website on my iPad, found a button that looks like the purchase button, but nothing happens. It looks like there should be a pop-up menu, but again, nothing happens.
As a Cell C customer who can enjoy the free streaming promotion, I’m quite disappointed that I wasn't able to accomplish anything.
I look forward to what guys will do to make the best out of this app.
Developer Response ,
Hi Ijswaan, if you're on iOS, please use the web-browser to subscribe, buy or rent content. When you're done purchasing through the browser you can watch on your iOS device.
I’m trying to Airplay from either iPhone, iPad or MacBook to Apple TV and with all of them I get audio but no video. From searching online this generally means that airplay has been blocked by the app. Is this to force customers to buy the set top box? Or is this a genuine development shortfall? If it is the former then I am cancelling my subscription. I don’t want to go buy another TV box just to watch; I already have an Apple TV
Prices are good and content is great but unless I can airplay to my TV then this app is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike
Developer Response ,
We appreciate your feedback.
Our app is currently not available on Apple TV, should this change in the future, it will be communicated through our relevant communication channels.
Should you need anymore details, please email email@example.com.
Really poor app
I expect to get the standard "contact our support at email blah blah #TeamBlack" nonsense reply as almost every other user reviewing the app has gotten.
When I go to the packages menu, ONLY the one has a price listed. Where can I see all the pricing info?
I can also not tap back to the previous menu when I'm in the packages menu.
After reading the reviews of this app here, I'm going to give #TeamBlack a skip and keep using #TeamNetflix as well as #TeamShowmax. Looks like the app is as useless as my cellular service with CellC.
You folks are failing with this offering. Great idea, great prices (so I hear), absolutely rotten implementation. Continue this half hearted effort and consumers will continue to see CellC as substandard.
Developer Response ,
This might a technical issue.
Our support email gets your query to our support team as soon as possible for further assistance. In order to support you better, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the below details:
1. Cellphone number
2. Alternative email address
3. Device name
4. Your query
Our support team will be in contact with you shortly.
- Cell C PTY Ltd
- 76.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Cell C Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.